Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Official statement Worlds New Zealand 2014  (Read 1441 times)

Offline magair

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
Official statement Worlds New Zealand 2014
« on: September 10, 2014, 12:31:54 PM »
Official Statement
World Field Target Championships
New Zealand 2014

Firstly I would like to apologize for the faults with approximately 30% of the targets on the first day of shooting. This was upsetting for the competitors and us as the organizers

Our Sponsor Gamo provided the targets that we modified and it was the modifications that we made that were incorrect. Once we had indentified the problem and rectified it the Gamo targets worked perfectly.

I reiterate that the problem was not with the Gamo targets and we are very thankful and grateful for the Gamo Sponsorship.

I would like to thank all the volunteers including some of the overseas visitors who helped with the checking, testing and painting of the targets on Friday. It was because of the huge effort from you all that the task of rechecking the targets was made easier and completed in a timely manner. I know and appreciate that overall scores of some of you may have suffered as a result of this effort. If I did not personally thank you at the time please accept this as both the official and my personal thank you.

I would also like to thank Andy Kays WFTF President for his support during this period.

I would also like to thank Brandon Symes for designing and producing all the uniquely New Zealand  medals and awards that were presented at the awards evening.

I would like to congratulate all the winners on their achievements and all the competitors on their participation. I hope that apart from the hiccup on the first day that you all had an enjoyable time in our country.

Alex Magon
President
NZAFTA