Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Drone footage of my hunting grounds!  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Ecko

• Mana 5
    • View Profile
Drone footage of my hunting grounds!
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:32:17 PM »
I'm lucky enough to have access to this place to shoot rabbits. Can't get over as frequently as I'd like though because it's booked so often during the Summer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7cIuEe_vE

Offline IanNP

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
Re: Drone footage of my hunting grounds!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:36:44 PM »
OMG
dey booking it for the rebbits...?

slick pic dude.

Offline geojorjika

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
    • WWW.Airgun.ge
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 04:40:42 AM »
wow very nice place . how much it cost for day hunting?
Weihrauch HW100S
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Hatsan AT44W
Hatsan M95 NP
Benjamin 397
Crosman Vantage
Crosman 1377 Carbine Mod
Crosman MRODP Carbine Mod
Crosman 2240 Carbine Mod
IZH60(wheiting PCP kit)
IZH38
Haenel 311
Bam B3
Benjamin Discovery Bull(unfin)
Benjamin Mrod Bull(unfin)

Offline Ecko

• Mana 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 09:28:57 PM »
Haha a day hunting would be the minimum cost which is 2 nights rental.

www.heimatau.co.nz

Not much about during the day, the occasional magpies... A couple of rabbits may come out an hour before sundown but most of the action is 2-3 hrs after sunset.

Offline IanNP

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 07:08:40 PM »
Hunting, right?

Offline Vault

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 03:00:17 AM »
I have a mavic pro and two sets of dji goggles, ive also got access to over 2000 acres on various properties for shooting everything from rabbits, hares, ducks, pukekos, pigs, deer, feral sheep, rams and occassionally feral cattle so you can imaging with a range of 8000m Im flying around recording every thing from topography of various properties, checking clearings for pig rooting,.

I often see rabbits and monitor their numbers and fzvorite spots to hang out  before calling up a group of animal lovers to coke serve lead eviction notices.

But my favorite hobby now is aerial dog fights with magpies, you've all seen magpies and plovers fly out and harrasses anything that moves well now Im doing that to them and they dont like it.

I line up from a distsnce and hammer it in sport mode at up to 65kph and Ive knocked 2 off the top of macrocapra trees, smart magpies will crawl deep into the thick of any pine trees they can find, most go to ground but Ive landed on a few, missed most but the drone is so responsive and fast they cant escape it, cant out manuver it, nothing.

There only chance is to hide or try crash me into fence or power wires, lately its been cloudy or very cold which helps them as it fogs up the air between the camera lens and the external glass over until that airspace reaches the same temp as the surrounding air.

Before you say it yep had a few crashes but i fly most days with multiple batteries permanently on recharge via 200watt solar panel and 65ah battery and etracer solar controller etc. What all that adds up to is months of almost daily flying so im gett8ng the hang it, its my new hobby when im not hunting n fishing.

Anyway I record in 1080p and often find my videos are between 1.5gb and 4gb each, if i record in 4k they are huge files so i dont bother as im using a 64gb memory card in the drone, using dji goggles means i dont need to hook my phone to the controller which is a bonus as phone batteries go flat pretty quick and buggar answering a phone call while your flying with a phone attached to your controller.

What  im getting at is can you advise me on free video editing software so I can make my own production of action packed aerial dogfights n chases with magpies, dodging hawks because they aint intimidated by a drone they come in often 2 at a time, talons first its pretty exciting, plus Ive got some cool video footage of various properties I can hunt and fly over.

Any assistance be appreciated, ive got the photos sussed, locating game that isnt under the canopy is to easy.

Cheers
Pro Sport
Hawke 8-32*56
Maxtoch M24 Sniper U3 LED

Offline Vault

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 03:03:05 AM »
Your video isnt working it comes up with this message....

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Pro Sport
Hawke 8-32*56
Maxtoch M24 Sniper U3 LED