Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Benjamin Trail NP2 .22 shooting .22 crosman premier lead pellets  (Read 2459 times)

Offline BenjaminTrailnp2.22

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
Ok now i have just started playing around with range cards that i saw a guy use on youtube can airarmsSA and he has a tutorial on how to make them so i made some and yeah not to bad i dont think these shots were taken from 55 yards away, 10 shot group.
**Oh you who are born of the blood of the gods, Trojan son of Anchises, easy is the descent to Hell the door of dark Dis stands open day and night. But to retrace your steps and come out to the air above, that is work, that is labor**

Vault

Re: Benjamin Trail NP2 .22 shooting .22 crosman premier lead pellets
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 12:22:35 AM »
Good shooting but I think you would do better with lighter pellets

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »
Really i would have thought that lighter pellets would be more affected by wind and those factors than heavier pellets?? the pellets are not really that heavy they are around 15 gr?
**Oh you who are born of the blood of the gods, Trojan son of Anchises, easy is the descent to Hell the door of dark Dis stands open day and night. But to retrace your steps and come out to the air above, that is work, that is labor**

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »
ok so those were shot with crosman premier lead pellets. So i went out this sunday and decided to shoot a little further away with stoeger x-hunt pellets which weigh about 15.74 gr and this is what i got at 70 yards away took 8 shot group and got 8 hits got 6 hit pretty much same place and then the two strays wind was being a pain that day. this was the result .

Vault

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »
Accuracy looks fine for hunting but the pellet tin in the first picture says 21gr I assumed those were the pellets you were shooting, they dont look like lead, they look look nickle or copper plated.

A friend of mine use to buy a pellet called Double Gold which looked similar, gave good accuracy but I don't know that it would be good for the bore.

I've read that pnuematic guns like heavier than normal pellet weights but as a rule in springers anyway usually 14.3 to 16gr pellets perform best in .22
I didnt read the thread title properly, sorry about that but I can say the Crosman pellets from that tin are not good quality as not consistently made.

Try some Edgun, AA,FX or Jsb in 14.2 to 16gr and you may get better results.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:18:04 PM by Vault »

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 09:33:12 PM »
yeah the ones that i shot the crossman tin with were stoeger x-hunt which is 15.74 gr the grouping was pretty good considering the wind i had that day but i see what you the first photo those were alloy pellets i think it doesnt give any details on the tin about what they are made of they dont bend easily or deform when you hit an animal .