Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Edgun Leshiy ( Survivalist Forest Goblin)  (Read 12169 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 38
    • View Profile
Edgun Leshiy ( Survivalist Forest Goblin)
« on: March 09, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »
This is What Ed has to say about his very new PCP design, Lishey..
I have roughly translated it from Russian but will clarify it more as I get time.. (off to the beach :))

This model is, today, a record for the "EDgan" Ltd. in terms of the passage from the design stage to the finished product. Immediately after the New Year, in the morning of January 2, 2016 I went to Kaluga, to the technology of production of Igor, to on-site quickly all drawn. For four days from scratch this rifle was drawn. Ideally, when in one place sitting together designer and technologist and co-design the product. Leaves need much coordination, correspondence, maximum results in the shortest possible time. And no wonder, because this rifle was after Lely 2.0 and Matador R4, which we have developed in the same way, so that the "combat" experience has been. In addition, Igor and I understand each other perfectly, or even without speaking.

Four days later, tired and squeezed intensive work we looked at the screen and, sighing, said only one "awesome!" :)And the name immediately pops up itself, just rifle survivalist, ie wood, unpretentious, not visible, then be it Leshiy. And another name already can not even be taken in relation to it.

I went home with a sense of accomplishment. While driving, I thought: a few small improvements, we have discussed them on Skype. Igor began to make drawings for production. In the second half of January Goblin went already on the machine. And parts of the machines went on, even bypassing the stage of drawings directly from the model, the guys in the production of too nice in this sense worked. The blessing is now in production have the opportunity to engage in the manufacture of test samples without touching the main production and knocking plans. On the production was tasked to give out samples no later than mid-February, in time to get them to IWA exhibition in Germany. And they did not let us down, the samples were prepared in mid-February. To accelerate, Igor just picked up a box of parts under his arm, jumped on a plane and flew me to the assembly. That is, even in the morning, anodized parts, and in the evening, together with Igor, I have been.

The next day, in the morning, we began to build. As with any pre-production product, there were some irregularities, and the related primarily not with the rifle design, and with the presence of the necessary springs, O rings, etc. By design, it was normally, that is, the working version.

And at 6 pm it was possible to remove this short video, in order to please the people at work, who all worked for months on the result.

https://youtu.be/DILeeIwElJs

Goblin is a conceptually new rifle. The original idea was to make the rifle survivalist. That is, a rifle, in which a minimum of parts, which is always ready to work, which is not afraid of any temperature changes, nor cold nor mud, nor heat, which will work any time, anywhere. Therefore, I had the idea that we do not need the bolt action, do not need a pellet probe, do not need a plenum. Ideal to make sure that air from blowing directly into the valve skirt bullets. To increase the efficiency of the rifle had to avoid all the channel turns to the passage of air from the valve. Consequently, the valve must be deployed at 180 degrees.

Then came the realization that in this case, the ideal situation would be to join the tank to the rear of the rifle. In fact, it turns out right. But that does not fit into the concept of rifles survivalist, light, compact, but powerful. So what if  if the cylinder is folding? Bingo! What is needed, compact, high efficiency, immediate readiness to fire.

Next were the details that are strung on a ready concept, like beads on a string.

Barrel Mount - originally wanted to go the same way as in the R4 Matador and Lele 2.0 on the barrel breech sleeve, tension nut by a moderator. Steep constructive way and that, it is impossible to compact rifle greatly inflated wide, because folding butt hinges. Then I remembered that in the first matador, those that were with two clamps, there was a problem of compression of the barrel in the clamps, it turned out like two chokes during movement. And that if you put a "one" clamp, which will crimp the end of the barrel? Just what the doctor ordered! Take the barrel without the choke, fasten it on the front part, and get reliable fastening and a "soft" choke, which will improve the accuracy, but will give the possibility to use heavier bullets (no wonder we have struggled for the high efficiency of the air flow). And in size once everything fell into place. Plus, there is no thread on the barrel of any breech or in the mouth that can not but affect positively on its internal geometry. Such stem mount design with breechless concept allows you to change the rifle barrels "on the fly", quietly passing from the caliber of 4.5 mm to 6.35 mm, without changing the other rifle parts. For aligning the barrel near the breech is just bush.

Long fought over a barrel. The prototype was 200 mm, is not enough! But what about the envelope, if the task was to rifle folded it was not longer than 350 mm? Eccentric! Proven design has on previous models! It turned out to insert the barrel 250 mm, which together with improved efficiency provides a very good result with quite a comfortable sound. Speaking of "quite comfortable sound", I, as usual, somewhat modest :), the new moderator with a new design of internal partitions show very good results, even on such a small length, caliber 6.35 sound not like a shot, rather dull thud, without clear identification . About a lower caliber of the question, there are still better.

Due to the fact that the barrel length of only 250 mm, it is not necessary to expect from this rifle unearthly results on the firing range, evaluate things realistically. In fact it is Veles, only in a very unusual arrangement, and more convenient to carry and shoot. That is, those who tried to do from Veles carbine rifle and shoot at distances will appreciate a new product at its true worth.

And so, as we abandoned our traditional, circuit attachment Report on the thread at the end of the barrel, then we decided to make everything easier. Thus, as the cam, it can take only one position, if it is two points of support. The first is the end of the barrel, which is simply inserted into the hole of the separator, and the second is the appearance of the separator housing. We can only draw in the entire structure outer stopper. Incidentally, this allows to "ramp up" barrel length of 350 mm, using the same separator. So, as the rifle has the ability to quickly change the barrel, the separator is made just below the highest possible caliber - 6.35 mm.

By the way, my third in a row replacement of the barrel, then there is no experience, but the replacement rate is already speedy.

https://youtu.be/Br-5UXTDM_E

In many countries, the sale of guns needed to be equipped with safety catches. safety is not difficult in any constructive. So, usually, and do block the trigger and all. We decided to go some other way. If we put the safety catch, then it would be reasonable not to block the trigger, and whispered, already guaranteed to keep the rifle from firing. So the safety catch blocks the sear. It can be put in the position of "safe" manually, but if you add the stock / tank rifle to the end, the rifle becomes safe automatically. On safe the rifle can be cocked only. the safety stroke is short, clear, understandable and clearly is very convenient, just near the front of the phalanx of the index finger stretched.

Unfortunately, due to the struggle for compactness, we had to abandon the already familiar to all in the trigger and return to the sliding hammer, but the scheme is its location, and the work platoon does everything quite comfortable and reliable. From the "undocumented" features rifles - removal from combat platoon by folding the buttstock.

The trigger is not adjustable for any length of stroke or the force (it is still a simple design), but we found it necessary to put a screw stopper IC failure after the collapse of the impactor, has a positive effect on accuracy. Instead, you can put the screws screw with a spring-loaded head that gives a kind of "step" at the end of the course, before the breakdown. The descent was very predictable, soft, short (3 mm.) Move, controlled breakdown. Very good.

There was a problem with locking nut biasing mainspring. Again, because of the size, are not put in the usual we are already locknut. In my opinion, the new solution should please the user - rattle the spring-loaded ball. And clicks can be considered when setting up, and the sound is pleasant, "sexy", which is also important :), and access to the biasing is not blocked, at any time, you can change the setting. The only "strange" to preload the spring need to turn the screw counter-clockwise and clockwise.

butt butt pad decided to make the "evil", with powerful and sharp "teeth" that it is good for any clothing clung and slid. Insert the rubber pads considered a departure from the concept of simple, like an ax, rifle. Plus, the "play" with a radius of fore-end. And so he turned and, in the shoulder rests perfect for any clothing clings very well, it does not much sharp, to cause discomfort. No solid backplate in a plane and two grooves along its length, this weight and to facilitate better adhesion to clothing, and the belt can be inserted to whom he wants.

The stock carries more and the role of the rifle, for which the rifle can be mounted on the details of the equipment, backpack, purse, anywhere. If someone lacks the butt length, you can loosen the screw fastening and push the butt back.

In rifle mounted fill probe, but there is no pressure gauge. So, as a reservoir, and so small, only 54 cm 3, the reduction of it to gauge the amount of volume (as long as we can not do) and so reduce the small amount. Rifle you can download all the pressure that is in the standard tank of 300 bar, and the transition to the forward flow perfectly hear the sound of the shot. It was originally planned to make co-current, co-current but without pressure gauge generally can not be used normally, stopped still on the scheme with a reducer. Reducer new, modified, and design and spring washers are used, they have become more powerful, but they are fewer.

Of course, because of such a small volume of the tank should not be expected that some phenomenal results by the number of shots with filling, yet original idea of ​​this rifle "to make several successful shots in an emergency", not hundreds plinking in nature. With 250 bar of the order of 18 shots in caliber 6.35. At 5.5 4.5 Of course, somewhat more. Average fuel consumption at the first shooting turned within 9.7 cm3 / J, which is slightly above the rate considered normal, but for such a short barrel quite well. And then thought, figured that you can change, and through simple changes already got 18 shots with 250 bar at 6.35, King, at the same speed, making consumption equal to 7.5 cm3 / J, which is very good.

I would say more, despite the fact that immediately after the assembly of the Goblin does not raise questions, that is, the design clearly was recognized as successful and just finished a series, I wrote notes a list of 26 items to be taken into account when the rifle is started in a series that will make it more more perfect.

The idea was originally to make the open sights, but they did not fit back in the normal way. Then he decided that it makes sense to try to complete his rifle sight, low multiplicity. Since the "standard" run, for example with the 40 mm lens. Just do not stand a rifle, in the middle and lower the rings, because the eccentric moderator. Find a rifle sight it was not just perfect Sch4h20 approached, but the prospect of buying in the quantities that we need (the first in a series of 500pcs) put it on the cross, it was necessary to develop a pace similar. That is, go rifle complete with sight EDgan 5x20, mesh EDgan 2.0 (without numbers on the grid), backlighting, with the removal of the bracket back, or rings on Weaver. sight length 200 mm mesh in mils, the price a clique 1/10 mil.

In the form of packaging decided to offer a tough, waterproof plastic case, perfectly matches the concept. Yes, and just beautiful:)

In general, the rifle is not just a success, in my opinion, it sets the direction for the development of a new concept of PCP rifles, as in his time did Matador and Lelya. I know that is not indifferent too :) All who saw it in the production process, testing, one voice shouted "I want, I want, I want!":)

Offline poorshot

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
Re: Edgun Leshiy ( Survivalist Forest Goblin)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:52:34 AM »
I would love to have a walk around the farm with this thing.

Heck I could carry it on my tractor when working and I get lots and lots of opportunities when I'm mowing.

I did carry my 12gauge years ago in Whenuapai when I was rotary hoeing a paddock because it seemed like a good idea, which it was till it fell of and went through the machine.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 11:53:48 AM »
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:57:03 PM by Wingman »

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 07:43:04 PM »
Testing the Leshiy at 58 yards with a micro 4x scope in .25, .22 and .177 cals

https://youtu.be/oblvEHk8nwU

https://youtu.be/95LQiVk5J_w

https://youtu.be/AHlQ2C5-CgU

Offline poorshot

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 09:45:46 AM »
I can see how it might seem a bit light to shoot.
Bit like a toy gun.
He gets good results with the thing, I would say fit for purpose?
How would you expect that barrel length to go, any better?

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 05:42:49 PM »

:)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:00:21 PM by Wingman »

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 01:42:15 PM »
The first ones go into production with all the new mods..

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:46:23 PM by Wingman »

Offline Mintie

• Mana 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 03:31:29 PM »
Whats she adjusting with the allen key? HST?   Very cool idea as a whole
Lots of airguns

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 06:06:20 PM »
Yup HST power setting

Offline swampy

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 07:15:26 PM »
Sweet, what is HST?
FX Cyclone .22
HW95 .177
HW30s .177
Umarex Colt SAA

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 29
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 07:50:45 PM »
Hammer spring tension.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline swampy

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »
Ok, thanks
FX Cyclone .22
HW95 .177
HW30s .177
Umarex Colt SAA

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 29
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 10:02:58 PM »
The silver looks kinda cool in a dirty harry way.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 09:34:07 PM »
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:55:44 PM by Wingman »

Offline poorshot

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »
I would love one of these in black....make mine another .25 please?

It's changed a bit since the first vids when he was working it up.

I am adding an addition to the house right now and the cost is eye watering, if I mention another air rifle right now it could cost me parts of my anatomy I am pretty fond of.....