Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Not my best group.  (Read 913 times)

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
Not my best group.
« on: April 11, 2016, 11:57:16 PM »
I had some work tonight assigning pigeons to the back bench on a Wellington building. I had a new tin of polymag pellets for the p rod. I had used these before and they grouped really well. So set up a target at about 14 m. Man did they suck. Disappointing the difference in tins. I decided not to use them as I was getting paid to shoot pigeons and I'm sure I would have missed if I used them. So faithful h&n did the job. 25 pigeons later.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Buzzliteyear

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
Re: Not my best group.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »
Im still new to this but got lots of youtube time  :), it seems theres a few pellets that dont weigh the same in the same tin has a big difference and I dont readly want to be weighing each pellet to help
get my shoots accurate

do you think this matters ?

Cheers
Crosman 2240 Rat Buster Modified
Crosman 357 6 inch
Gecado Model 27

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
Re: Not my best group.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 01:54:14 PM »
Just buy decent pellets. JSB or Airarms or H & N. They are pretty good and don't need sorting.
Keep clear of Gamo, Accupel and a lot of the rest. the rest. But the big thing is that you will have to experiment to find out which pellet your gun performs best with. Two identical guns will sometimes prefer different pellets. If you try Crosman Premier buy only the ones in the cardboard box with the black stamp. If you buy from Ron Young he will see you right. Most sports shop counter people wouldn't know.