Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 103867 times)

Vault

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 11:32:20 PM »
Welcome John, we have  .25cal Theoben running around here somewhere, formally the artist Edac I believe.

Offline septictank

• Mana 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
Septictank

Michael here, I was starting to get serious withdrawls, so happy to see a forum errupt out of the darkness.

Offline sweet169

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »
hi all :) also popped across from active shooter (thanks for the invite vault) be nice to read about the antic's of you new zealand hunters and your over powered air rifles  ;)

atb  Aaron
theoben rapid mk2 .177 cs800 stock (sub12)
air arms pro sport .177 (sub12)

Vault

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
Gidday Aaron,
They're only over powered until get here, I remember when a British member moved over he arrived with a 12ft/lb Bsa now he's out there hunting with a 40ft/lb Daystate Air Ranger,  you know the saying, When in Rome ;)

Offline SteveH

• Mana 16
  • Shooting one shot one hole groups at any range...
    • View Profile
    • Howickair facebook page
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »
hi all :) also popped across from active shooter (thanks for the invite vault) be nice to read about the antic's of you new zealand hunters and your over powered air rifles  ;)

atb  Aaron

Overpowered?
Hehehe Aaron, I'm just so happy that my family emigrated here many years ago so that I get to buy great high power, large calibre pcp's produced in my homeland, afterall doesn't everyone need airguns that can drop a goat or pig???  ;D
Must admit my Lonestar .25 does make some pretty big holes  ;D
H.A.R.C President 2013-2018

Offline sweet169

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »
dont get me wrong if i was in new zealand it would be a 40ft/lb rapid for me he he he :)

i would love to break free from the uk and new zealand would be on the list just the wife does not want to leave the uk  :( :(

Offline SteveH

• Mana 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »
dont get me wrong if i was in new zealand it would be a 40ft/lb rapid for me he he he :)

i would love to break free from the uk and new zealand would be on the list just the wife does not want to leave the uk  :( :(

Hmmm come here, leave the missus there and have more dollars to splurge on your toys of choice!

Not reading over your shoulder is she???  ;D

Offline sweet169

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 11:50:04 PM »

Hmmm come here, leave the missus there and have more dollars to splurge on your toys of choice!

no she's not mate thank god  ;D
is there still a shortage of plumbers over there

Offline SteveH

• Mana 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 11:55:05 PM »

Well the last plumber I used died so theres at least one vacancy, and before you ask it wasn't because of lead poisoning ;-)

Good tradies are always in demand here so im sure you would be most welcome, come for a holiday, go hunting with a few of us around the country and im certain wild horses couldn't drag you back...

Vault

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »

Theres bound to be a need for plumbers in the near future in the Christchurch area with the rebuild thats soon to be done due to the Earthquake but personally I wouldnt want to live there with all these reoccuring quakes, I forget how many thoussnd theres been now but its heaps snd there was another only days ago.
When the big one hit my house wad shaking and I live about 4 hours drive away at 100kph so it must have been terrifying there on the day, but there will always be plumbing that needs fixing.

Tell your missus your coming over for a look and to suss out work potential and come hunting, our NZ $ is about 40p so your is worth good money over here.

Offline sweet169

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 12:15:08 AM »

Theres bound to be a need for plumbers in the near future in the Christchurch area with the rebuild thats soon to be done due to the Earthquake but personally I wouldnt want to live there with all these reoccuring quakes, I forget how many thoussnd theres been now but its heaps snd there was another only days ago.
When the big one hit my house wad shaking and I live about 4 hours drive away at 100kph so it must have been terrifying there on the day, but there will always be plumbing that needs fixing.

Tell your missus your coming over for a look and to suss out work potential and come hunting, our NZ $ is about 40p so your is worth good money over here.

she would love that mate  :D i have a hard enough time getting her to let me get a whippet let alone a trip to new zealand

Offline SteveH

• Mana 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 12:26:28 AM »
Hmmm need I repeat my suggestion???  ;D

Offline Harley

• Mana 2
  • Here Kitty Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
Harley is a new nom de plume, was on the old NZ Airgunners forum as Verminator.

I reside in the bush in southern QLD and use my air rifles (and powder burner) for pest animal management.  Any introduced feral animal smaller than a brumby may find itself in the cross hairs.
I reckon I can kill that!  

Weihrauch HW97 K .22 & 3-9 x 42 Nikko Air King
Marauder .25 cal & 6-24 x 60 Mark 4.
Windy City .357 cal & 8-32 x 50 BSA

Offline Andy.

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »
Hey guys, another old forum member here (formally AndyC)  from Vic Aus.

Great to be back on line with the old gang, Potsy, Ritchie, Ralph Malf.... the Fonz... :D

Offline lettercarrier

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 01:02:20 AM »
I was invited by Darren in a thread he made at the Dianawerk Collective forum

visited your OLD forum many times to read what you air gunners had to say

BUT this "NEW" forum compared to the old one is like; NIGHT and DAY

anyone that has visited the DWC forum knows that I am a RABID, FANATIC, etc.. Diana fan

nothing WRONG with the other brands, I have some of those also, from; China, UK, USA, German, Spain, Russia

I have to get a handle on the many functions offered in this forum to get familiar with it

Thanks for the opportunity this forum provides the air gunners community not only in NZ since I am typing this from Tampa, Florida in the USA
"and remember, it's 70% the shooter and 30% the rifle"