Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 103869 times)

Vault

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »
I was invited by Darren in a thread he made at the Dianawerk Collective forum

visited your OLD forum many times to read what you air gunners had to say

BUT this "NEW" forum compared to the old one is like; NIGHT and DAY

anyone that has visited the DWC forum knows that I am a RABID, FANATIC, etc.. Diana fan

nothing WRONG with the other brands, I have some of those also, from; China, UK, USA, German, Spain, Russia

I have to get a handle on the many functions offered in this forum to get familiar with it

Thanks for the opportunity this forum provides the air gunners community not only in NZ since I am typing this from Tampa, Florida in the USA

Welcome Warren,
Its a pleasure to have you here, thats a fantastic view you have there.

Warren is the DWC expert when it comes to the Diana 31/34 he's definately an encyclopedia on them.

Not many of us own that model as they're reasonably expensive and for much the same price many opt for the Cometa Fusion which is similar and great too.

Whenever you and Hector make it over, bring an airgun and I'll see what I can do to get you out on some hunts you can shoot with a Diana or Camera or both.

NE48

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
Hi to all. I'm new to the forum and live in the NE USA but have been using airguns for over 40 yrs. First one was a Benjamin 342 .22 and it is still with me. Though I still shoot it my primary gun is a Diana 48 .22. It was quite a ride getting it sighted in, ended up bending the barrel because it was hitting almost 12" to the left. I think it was damaged in shipping as the box was well stomped when it arrived. Since then accuracy has proved to be great less than 1/2" at 25yrds.  In this area it is used for tree rats the occasional skunk and woodchucks.

Mark NE48

Offline digit

• Administrator
  • Mana 2
    • View Profile
    • NZHunter
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 11:59:06 AM »
Welcome aboard Mark - be sure to post hunting pictures :)
Industry Antagonist

Offline Stephen H aka Rawhide

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »
hi my name is stephen and belong to the wellington airgunners i am also warehouse manager for john vaughan (gamo importers) and will help any club that needs assistance as far as targets or anything else you require cheers

Offline SteveH

• Mana 16
  • Shooting one shot one hole groups at any range...
    • View Profile
    • Howickair facebook page
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »
Hi Stephen,

Nice to have you here and may I add thats a very kind offer for the clubs

Cheers
Steve
H.A.R.C President 2013-2018

Offline paul

• Mana 0
  • the longest journey is that to the truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 07:51:40 PM »
Hello.....my name is Paul and I live on the other side of the ditch, South Australia. I have a couple of air rifles. I have a Crosman 1077 that I have modded to bulk fill, a Umarex850 that I have modded to use a 9oz paintball container, a Hatsan 44/10 and a Sumatra 2500 carbine, the latter in 22, all the others are 177. I have on order a tf78 that I intend to mod up as well.

I have a good range of powder burners as well, the nicest to me is a 30/06. I am member of the local rifle club and am the outgoing rifle captain....I hope to be the incoming something later....elections first.

Paul
...Umarex, Sumatra, Crosman and Hatsan....awaiting Tech Force......

Offline William Tell

• Mana 0
  • I'm a Plinker too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »
Hi to all. I'm new to the forum and live in the NE USA but have been using airguns for over 40 yrs. First one was a Benjamin 342 .22 and it is still with me. Though I still shoot it my primary gun is a Diana 48 .22. It was quite a ride getting it sighted in, ended up bending the barrel because it was hitting almost 12" to the left. I think it was damaged in shipping as the box was well stomped when it arrived. Since then accuracy has proved to be great less than 1/2" at 25yrds.  In this area it is used for tree rats the occasional skunk and woodchucks.

Mark NE48 Mark

Great info mark,

I can only imagine what it must be like to still have guns going back 40 years. The banana flight path was amusing. Itís  common with AA S400 well it was with mine anyway, the 400 has a barrel band itís not really free floating like the Rapid range. With some scopes when you buy, itís a lottery as to if they match up click wise or not, as Iím sure you know. Well, the cheapy scopes over here tend to be longer with less left to right click adjustment which was the kind I had on my S400. Being frustrated with the scope fully clicked over to the left and itís still a mile out, I adjusted the barrel band pulling the barrel over a tad and fastening. At that particular range it was spot and I was so pleased!! But I found out later at different distances the POI was all over, short range a lefty, long range a righty, the banana syndrome of a bent over barrel. The longer the scope the bigger the problem, so after Iíd saved up again, a short jobby solved it.
I had a gun fall out of the gun box, and I could only watch (as Iím too slow) as the wall mounted foot off the ground box discharged the 400 in a perfect arc barrel first, towards me impacting the ground bending the barrel  right over.
It did spring back ok though...
Iíve had Air rifles since I was about eight, around 48 years now then, but unfortunately my plinking skills have not improved with time, Iím average at best, and I get in all kinds of scrapes if I attempt to take any apart for repair or service.
I had an MFR which I was carrying with a loaded  magazine  and it just slipped out of my hands butt first striking the ground, indexing the bolt and firing. Very ďRapidlyď I now have one pierced ear LOL.
I snapped a pull through off inside the barrel ,cord brass bit the lot!! I fired off a few  (stupidly I know, you can call me stupid Iím not touchy) to shoot it out which it didnít of course,  just broke the regulator back to the factory again.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:20:10 PM by William Tell »
Don't kill just plink with Springers, Gas Ram and PCP far too many to list here so I won't..
Hate which is best threads. Only like talking about myself and my Ducks really..

Offline SteveH

• Mana 16
  • Shooting one shot one hole groups at any range...
    • View Profile
    • Howickair facebook page
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 08:20:27 PM »
I had a gun fall out of the gun box, and I could only watch (as Iím too slow) as the wall mounted foot off the ground box discharged the 400 in a perfect arc barrel first, towards me impacting the ground bending the barrel  right over.
It did spring back ok though...
Iíve had Air rifles since I was about eight, around 48 years now then, but unfortunately my plinking skills have not improved with time, Iím average at best, and I get in all kinds of scrapes if I attempt to take any apart for repair or service.
I had an MFR which I was carrying with a loaded  magazine  and it just slipped out of my hands butt first striking the ground indexing the bolt and firing. Very ďRapidlyď I now have one pierced ear LOL.
I snapped a pull through off inside the barrel ,cord brass bit the lot!! I fired off a few  (stupidly I know, you can call me stupid Iím not touchy) to shoot it out which it didnít of course,  just broke the regulator back to the factory again.

My wife just looked at me funny (You know, "that look") as I just laughed out loud reading this... Thrice!

Cheers for the giggles we love those that are good enough to share the embarassing silly stuff :-)
H.A.R.C President 2013-2018

Offline spookytooth

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 06:34:59 AM »
Hello chums! I'm another from Active Shooter come to join by kind invitation from that nice person Vault.

I'll make it clear now that my knowledge is nearly zero regarding air rifles - or any other rifle. I've had a BSA Cadet since I was 14 - and that was 44 years ago - but only took up air rifles again last year when my son bought a HW80, and my son-in-law (who's a git - ask William Tell) bought a AA TX200. I got a HW97, then an HW100. (I'm still getting over the novelty of having a scope instead of the iron sight on the bent barrel of my Cadet  :o;D

So I'm all ears to everyone else's experiences!

Me and my son-in-law shoot at night because the only permission we can get so far is thinning the rabbit population on a golf course, although I tend to spot with the Yukon nv rather than shoot.

Looking forward to visiting often to see what you're up to in NZ.

BTW my folks emigrated to NZ in the early 70s (Whangerai???), and my best mate emigrated to NZ 30-odd years ago. He lives in the steamy bit somewhere in the North Island and doesn't want to come back home to the Land of the Permanent Cloud  ;D

Offline William Tell

• Mana 0
  • I'm a Plinker too.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yoursel Thereís a Spooky coincidence..
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 07:12:31 AM »
Thereís a Spooky coincidence the best man in the world has joined up .. Ken Spookytooth..

If you were in a hard place, or in a lifeboat and you had to depend on someone to save your life Ken would be the man.. A manís man if you know what I mean.
Iím sure ken has forgotten more than I know about anything..
His son-in-law is a whinging Git though..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:14:26 AM by William Tell »
Don't kill just plink with Springers, Gas Ram and PCP far too many to list here so I won't..
Hate which is best threads. Only like talking about myself and my Ducks really..

Offline ex terminator

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 08:34:05 AM »
think ive said hello in the wrong section ::) ::) so i,ll say it again...hello guys 

Vault

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 11:39:47 AM »
Well guys.

I think you'll find that permanent cloud is smog lol, over here we're known as the land of the long white cloud but we prefer Rugby World Cup Winners for short;)

I believe a good way to adjust a whinger is give him something to whinge about you'd be amazed how that can shut them up,send him out with Matt to pick up geese :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:42:11 AM by Vault »

Vault

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 06:27:17 AM »
Welcome Lawrence,
 Good to see you found us. It would be great to hear about your Vervet hunt when you go and feel free to post any photos than you take on the hunt in the hunting section.

I think many would love to see whats outside your window, as you know we go pig hunting over here with dogs and a knife but I'd think that is pale compared to the scenery and will predators that are around you.

I look foward to hearing about your hunts

Offline havenofear

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 02:14:43 PM »
Hi, I am from the Philippines.  We have a large crowd of airgunners here.  Many of the PCPs are locally made and they are as good as imported ones.  However, a few of us do possess imported airguns.  I have a RWS 54 0.177, a Hatsan 155 Torpedo 0.22 and a Crosman NP Trail 0.22.  Beside these two, I also own a locally made PCP, 2 local CO2 guns.  I am also looking forward to buy a Gamo Whisper IGT 0.177.

Cheers

Vault

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »

Hi, I am from the Philippines.  We have a large crowd of airgunners here.  Many of the PCPs are locally made and they are as good as imported ones.  However, a few of us do possess imported airguns.  I have a RWS 54 0.177, a Hatsan 155 Torpedo 0.22 and a Crosman NP Trail 0.22.  Beside these two, I also own a locally made PCP, 2 local CO2 guns.  I am also looking forward to buy a Gamo Whisper IGT 0.177.

Cheers

Welcome,
 You have a nice varied collection of airguns, feel free to show us some photos in the relevant section and it would be great to hear some of your hunting stories and descriptions of your local terrain, a picture is worth a thousand words.