Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Stoeger X-power .177 pellets  (Read 831 times)

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
Stoeger X-power .177 pellets
« on: October 23, 2016, 03:31:00 PM »
So I swung past cunting and fishing today (new store, more stuff, not allowed to play with guns unsupervised any more. I quite imagine this is what the american wal/gun-mart type stores are like)
And to my surprise found a not-unhelpful lad, I asked for heavy 177 pellets and he appologised that all he had was these stoegers at 10.19 gr, advertised. Apparently manufactured by h&n (even says made in germany) "maximum penetration", and everyone knows adding an "x" makes shit cooler.
$25 and I left with the tin. my reloading scales are fucked and my weed scales only measure by the ounce, so I can't confirm their weigh-in, I can confirm that they're shiney (copper coated), and at least as accurate as me. They bury themselves a good 3/4 inch into weathered pine, pass clean through an nz lager can, and appear to maintain shape, coating and weight when fired into bucket of water.
off hand group at 15m is easily headshot territory. my FKN scope still isnt staying still, nor the front ring (which isnt fixed to the tube)

so a tentative 4 of 5 stars, i'll put them through some other guns later, and put them in some possums tomorrow.

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
Stoeger X-power .177 pellets
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 05:35:18 PM »
I've always found the stoeger pellets good. H &N  from the same place.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22