Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Cyclone with night vision  (Read 67 times)

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
Cyclone with night vision
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:39:32 PM »
I decided to go out tonight and try for some quarry. Reasonably fine night, bigmoon, bit chilly though. I got there and first scanned the area from a distance and spotted about 5 rabbits, one quite close, the others up a hill approx 60 m away.  I got to the close one, 40 m and started to line it up, there was a gentle wind from left to right so allowed a little bit. I'm so used to 177 at 12 fpe, but the cyclone is .22 at 27 fpe, so instead of a gentle inswinger, I hit right where I aimed, in the shoulder, so a follow up was needed. Both shots had a nice whack to them and that was the first victim. The next half hour was spent, making too much noise, silhouetting myself against the sky, real noob hunter material.
On my way back had one more scan and a young one was sitting there about 30 m away. I lined this one up and once again allowed for wind and ended up with a solid hit, but not fatal, so had to finish him off.

Overall was out for an hour, fresh air, bit of excersize should have a good night's sleep.
HW98
HW97k x 2
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
Hammerli AR20
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Hidayat

• Mana 19
    • View Profile
Re: Cyclone with night vision
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:34:56 PM »
Niceone Pauly5...whats that on silencer like wrap?
NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE,EVEN ONLY WITH 200fps

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
Re: Cyclone with night vision
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 09:13:05 AM »
It's a piece of bike inner tube. Just to stop the glare from the infrared torch bouncing back at the camera lens. Pretty high tech.
HW98
HW97k x 2
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
Hammerli AR20
P-Rod
Zoraki 22