Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Purchasing 300 bar Chinese Compressors  (Read 152 times)

Offline S.I.Kiwi

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
Purchasing 300 bar Chinese Compressors
« on: October 23, 2017, 05:25:16 PM »
Purchasing 300 bar Chinese Compressors

Hello to you all. I have started this as a new thread because I didn’t what to highjack someone else’s topic in relation to the purchasing of small 300 bar Chinese compressors.
First off I think the article by Wingman and anybody else’s in relation to the topic of 300 bar compressors should be kept to the front under its own heading because there will always be someone looking at buying one these Chinese compressors and wanting the information that has been forwarded by members of this forum past, present and future.
I have thought about buying a Tuxing or similar compressor for some time or longer, but have always thought what about maintaining it and what if something goes wrong. I don’t consider myself technically minded but every time I read that someone else has taken the plunge I think that I should also.
So am I going to list questions/thoughts that I think may be asked by someone intending to purchase and see what everybody else’s thoughts are on this subject either good or bad or indifferent.
1.   Cost for what you get, which compressor and why that one?
2.   Does it do what they claim and any complaints, thoughts in general?
3.   Maintenance if you have owned it for a while, amount of work done/time used?
4.   Air purity, in relationship to water or oil with what comes with compressor?
5.   Any extra’s that you have purchased and why? Gauges, air filters, oil and what ever.
6.   Things that you would do different or wouldn’t do again?
7.   Purchasing 300 bar carbon fibre cylinders, information to get the right one.
I hope I have done this right and the information that hopefully comes out of will help me and other members of the forum now and in the future.
Cheers
S.I.Kiwi

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
Re: Purchasing 300 bar Chinese Compressors
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:44:09 PM »
Hi..posted this elsewhere but saw your post and thought i would put it here as well..I also have a 2.17 lt carbon fibre tank on the way which after long and head hurting research decided that it would be suitable for what i needed..anyway..here is my post re small Chinese compressor..

hi to all..my compressor has arrived in Auckland but is being held in UPS warehouse..for several days now..very difficult finding out what the problem is..seems UPS have their own customs brokers and they handle it..rang customs and was told that..they don't deal with it..so is a waiting game at the moment..have been told by ups they will notify when it moves...apparently this is quite normal...

ok..am considering selling this one and getting the set pressure model which I should have imported instead of the model I have arriving which is the auto shutoff model..so if anyone may be interested..let me know..at this point I have no idea of what it has cost me till it clears customs..but am considering selling...it is just a thought..all the youtube videos i have seen seem to be that it is a worthwhile compressor..and performs well...haven't seem one review against it..there is a review on youtube by a German guy that use's one..and then strips it completely down to see how it is made...and then reassemble's it  without a problem...regards to all... :)
I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:24:49 AM »
have decided i need to keep this one..and it is in transit within Nz now so should be with me in a few days..I will post details how it works later once i give it a run..the only thing i am concerned about is the the conrod has no bearing where it runs on the crankshaft..it is just metal on metal...anyone that mucked around with cars years ago will remember the problems that car engines had with white metal bearings ;D 8)?.lol..as long as your oil level and condition was ok..they were ok..so we shall see..guess as long as you change the oil regularly it should be fine I guess...cheers.. 
I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.

Offline S.I.Kiwi

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »
Thanks caveman well it sounds like I had better luck than you in one way and not in another. I ordered a Tuxing compressor off aliexpress, which arrived in 16 days but after opening it found that the front crank case housing was cracked because DHL had been standing the box up on end, emailed Tuxing and they are sending me another one for free.
I also ordered a 300 bar cylinder and valve through aliexpress. My order was for a 1.1lt cylinder which arrived in very quick time so now waiting for the crank case cover to arrive see how it all comes together.

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:06:49 PM »
Hi all...my compressor arrived today to my surprise as ups say it is still in transit..so all good..and yes S.I.Kiwi..I did consider the tux one as it had good write ups..and after I brought this one felt as if i should have gone for the tux..but think for the amount of shooting I do this will last ok as long as i look after it..won't run it till my air tank arrives and that maybe tomorrow as it landed in NZ a couple of days ago..it was very well packed so will try and upload some images..have discovered I am not sure how you go about that here?..can someone explain?..thanks..cheers all..

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 06:33:37 PM »
[/URL][/img]

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 07:13:22 PM »
well..wrote here before..but somehow it all disappeared into never-never land..so starting again...received my 2.17 lt tank today..and after looking at it for a time i got up the courage to fire up my little compressor and fill it..set it all up and away we went..think my blood pressure kept pace with the compressor temp...took approx  10 mins to get from empty to 200 bar..but I thought it was getting a bit hot (50.3c) so turned off and gave it a rest of approx 15mins..took another approx 15 mins to get to 300bar (4500psi) and it turned itself off..so all in all a good test..the oil has turned black so will change it...from what I have read on the net that is normal for the first run..I was using hydraulic oil as they recommend that but I also read that a good 5-40 auto oil is ok as well..but think I will keep using the oil I have..and have more coming anyway..my tank is full..didn't blow up..so thats a bonus..lol..will report how many fills i get of 180cc at 2900psiwill try and put a photo in here..
[/URL][/img]

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »
You are a brave man. I certainly have a fear of HP, and don't know if I would be so brazen with out aid from someone to tell me the do's and don'ts.

But great little set up you now have, well done.
HW98
HW97k x 2
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
Hammerli AR20
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 11:03:12 PM »
thanks...set it up just outside my back door where i have a plug...and did hide around the corner for a time...but as it all seemed to be going ok..came out and watched it till it turned of...tank has dropped a bit of pressure now as it has cooled done so will top it off tomorrow..been reading about that tonight and that apparently is normal for tanks as they cool down to go down a bit in pressure...the whole kit has cost me about $820nz...a lot when I don't shoot many pellets at all...but does save me having a heart attack hand pumping lol..so thats my excuse anyway  :o 8) :)...cheers..

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 10:37:40 AM »
update...drained the oil this morning as it was quite dark...set up again to top bottle off as it had dropped a bit as it cooled down...took about 2 mins to get back up to 4500psi and shut down right on the button of 300 bar on the gauge...so now need to go shoot some targets...can't today as it is wet here..cheers all... 8)

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »
have refilled my rifle 3 times from bottle so far..bit tricky as the valve on the bottle is very tight and cracking it open gently is a bit of a mission..rifle fills so fast..maybe 10 seconds...maybe with a bit of use the valve will free up..have a question for the guys who do this a lot..seems once the rifle is full and i shut the valve on the bottle pressure starts dropping from the probe before i have opened the bleed valve?..is this normal?..or do I have a problem with my probe maybe not sealing well in the tank on rifle?..I am very new to this area so maybe someone with more experience can give me some clues?..would really appreciate that..cheers everyone... :)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
There should be no pressure drop until you bleed the whip line..
Check the o rings on the fill probe are in good order and all your conections are sealed

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »
thanks Wingman..yes did wonder if it was the o rings as the probe seems to fit a bit loose..have some spares I got with the rifle so will check that out...appreciate your help.. :)