Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Importing a carbon fibre tank?  (Read 277 times)

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
Re: Importing a carbon fibre tank?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 09:03:52 AM »
my ai tank has now left Hong Kong..
Chek Lap Kok,  Hong Kong   11/11/2017   17:55   Departure Scan and they say it will be delivered on the ...
Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 16/11/2017 , By End of Day..so we shall see...apparently the hold up at Hong Kong was that they couldn't find the way bill...so all good now..  ;D
I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 06:22:35 PM »
my air tank has arrived in NZ and is in transit to me..maybe tomorrow...got a surprise today with the delivery of my compressor...ups still say it is in transit? lol..looks great and no damage so will wait for tank before i give it a run..cheers... :)
I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.

Offline caveman

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:07 PM »
tank arrived about a week ago...still getting used to using it to fill my rifle...the valve is a little difficult to crack open slowly...I have filled the tank twice so far and it seems to open a little easier..maybe that is me..so far so good...at least don't have to pump by hand anymore and the little compressor is working fine... 8)

Offline mondo

• Mana -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »
There is no import restrictions on tanks, you just wont be able to get it filled unless you have it tested(around $150),or you have your own compressor.I have been using the yong heng compressor for a while with no issues, when I purchased it from aliexpress I also purchased a complete head/piston and extra second stage seals, but after several hours use a head inspection has shown no major wear.I do change the oil every 1.5 hours use with fuchs hydraulic 46 oil.I use a acecare 3l carbon wraped tank which takes around 15mins to top up to 4500psi, and I get around 14 fills in my fx wildcat (filling from 150bar to 210).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:39:58 PM by mondo »