Username:

Password:

Author Topic: It was only a matter of time  (Read 426 times)

Offline Mintie

• Mana 29
    • View Profile
It was only a matter of time
« on: December 13, 2017, 04:15:04 PM »
It all started a long time ago, In a forum far far away.... our old forum at least, Wingman with his stunning photos of Russian Bulpups stirred something in me that the many many airguns I have had since just couldn't squash. Ever since then I knew I had to have a Matador and that it would only be a matter of time before I could manage it, and a few weeks ago that finally became a reality.

Introducing Boris, my 22cal R3m long Matador! I have had him apart a few times now while tuning up the Huma "power kit" that I bought for him and I am just stunned at the simplicity and quality of the engineering inside these! It all works so well and is so easy to tune up to exactly what I wanted, no guess work and Wingman was able to tell me exactly how to tune it to get what I wanted.

The Huma power kit that I added to it comes with a larger valve plenum, a newer smaller reg and a hammer weight which I haven't added yet. The tune it is currently running is a reg setting at 95 bar which is giving me 900fps with the 18.1gr Edgun pellets which is 32fpe, once I run my supply of those down I will be turning the reg pressure up to 120ish bar and adding the hammer weight to hopefully sling the newest JSB Monster 22cal 25.4gr at around the same speed for 50fpe which will hopefully get some impressive 200y grouping on paper for you guys!

I am totally smitten with this rifle and consider it my "Airgun Endgame", although my addiction to Crosmans will also continue on in the background.
Lots of airguns

Offline JS

• Mana 7
    • View Profile
Re: It was only a matter of time
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 10:05:14 AM »
Looking forward to the 200m grouping shots! Nice piece of kit.
TX200 MKIII .177
Gamo Hunter 440 .22
Feinwerkbau 300s .177
Crosman Mark II

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 11:40:47 AM »
I bet you are chuffed with that. Def worth the wait.
I like the pine cone, but appreciate the staging work that's gone into the Landy, such a rustic scene, with those carefully placed pine needles. I can almost hear the wild boars tumbling after being head shot on the run.
 ;D :)
HW98
HW97k x 2
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
Hammerli AR20
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Mintie

• Mana 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 01:48:55 PM »
Yep a couple of months worth of staging and authentic Patina went into that pic ;)
Lots of airguns

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 02:16:25 PM »
Pinecone? thats no pinecone... that's a revolving Russian bipod  ;D

Offline Mintie

• Mana 29
    • View Profile