Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Stoeger F40  (Read 923 times)

Offline Pedro

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
Stoeger F40
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:14:57 PM »
Just picked up one of these today, feels a nice gun, still need to put some pellets through it before I know its capabilities.
Out side of a dog, A book is mans best friend, inside of a dog, its to Dark.
 Groucho Marks.

Offline Pedro

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
Re: Stoeger F40
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 03:50:10 PM »
Well I've fired a few pellets down range with the F40, feels reasonably ballanced, though I did find loading the pellets to be a little diicult to begin with, partly because of my Sausage sized fingers, it would be nice to come up with a tool to help load the pellets, some thing to put some thught into at a latter date.
 The F40 is an underlever, that is what attracted me to it, it has an auto saftey, that engages every time you pull down on the cocking lever to full stroke, the force required to cock it is quiet firm, but not to bad.
 I think this would be a great gun for any one starting out, build quality is reasonable for price, and will do most things that most shooters will want from it.
 Groucho Marks.

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »
$399 sounds like a good price if it is a good gun.
The loading port looks easy to use but what about getting the pellet in under a scope.
From what I can see the plastic muzzle break hides the crown and just adds a lot of plastic apart from the lever latch. Why do they do that, fashion I guess.
It certainly looks nice and the pictures show a good finish.
I am interested to hear about accuracy and general working.

Offline Pedro

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:15:11 PM »
Yep extra plastic at end of Barrel is to look Purdy, whell some ones great desighn idea, yep mine is scoped, so probably another reason I have loading pellets with my sausage fingers.
 Groucho Marks.

Offline Pedro

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 12:51:46 PM »
Now i have had a chance to play with the F40, a bit, I find it a nice gun to hold, at the shoulder, it seems to be more acurate than i am, i find the scope that it came with reasonable, would probably suit anyone wanting it for small game hunting.
 The f40 would be a good rifle for a youth starting out at shooting, cocking he under lever takes a little effort, but is not strenuious.
 The only down side for me is loading the Pellet into the tap, my big sausage fingers do find it a little difficult with the small 0.177 pellet, the scope is not an issue when loading, I hve thought about making a tool to assist in loading, but that is about as far as I have got, though if any one has access to a 3D printer, I'm sure a prototype could be easily made.
 Groucho Marks.

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 09:48:37 PM »
Sounds good Pedro. Have you seen the pellet seater/loader tool? Kind of like a retractable pencil mechanism that pushes the pellet into the breech.
HW98
HW97k x 2
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
Hammerli AR20
P-Rod
Zoraki 22