Username:

Password:

Author Topic: My Crosman's/Crosmen  (Read 171 times)

Offline Smidge Griffkin

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
My Crosman's/Crosmen
« on: March 26, 2018, 04:14:08 PM »
Some of my Projects. Slowly chipping away at them.
~Crosman~
2250 - Modded
1322 - Modded
2240 - Modded
Optimus .177

~Norica~
Commando .177  - Tuned/Modded

~Ruger~
Airhawk .177

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana 9
    • View Profile
Re: My Crosman's/Crosmen
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 04:34:05 PM »
Mintie told me I should have a crack at that Co2 but haven't got round to it yet.
What is the useful range of the ratting rifle, fps, and noise like?
I did the sums a while ago and Co2 and pellets made it about the same price as .22 LR.
That was using Gun City prices.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:35:37 PM by Novagun »

Offline Mintie

• Mana 29
    • View Profile
Re: My Crosman's/Crosmen
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 08:26:59 AM »
I do have a real soft spot for these Crosmans, all airguns are customisable but these just seem so modular and easy to modify with only basic tools. The design is so simple and stripping them down and modifying them yourself is a great way to self teach all the basic principles.

The result of slight mods with a standard barrel (which does limit the power due to length) is 12-13fpe which seems to be fine for the UK guys on rabbits out to 40m, they are fairly loud but a suppressor is easily knocked together which takes them down to much quieter than a springer.

Cost of running depends on the tune, if you take the power back to 10fpe you will be getting 35-40 consistent shots per cartridge, but at 12fpe you will probably only get 15. Co2 is self regulated so you don't get spikes and curves like you do with non regged pcp's untill you are out of liquid co2 in the capsule, then there is a steep drop off. As usual Gun City pricing is not worth using for the maths, using Ron's pricing I get to a price of just under $40 for 500 shots at 10fpe or around $70 for the 12fpe tune. This is considerably cheaper if you decided to do a bulk fill kit using a paintball bottle.
Airborne Arms Sentinel
Anschutz 335
Sharp Innova
Gamo PT85
Crosman 600 x2
Anics Skif
S&W  78G
BSA Meteor x 2
Taiyo Juki Bobcat
Baikal IJ38
Daisy 717
Record Jumbo