Username:

Password:

Author Topic: PCP pistol build challenge.  (Read 3857 times)

Offline xyon

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
Re: PCP pistol build challenge.
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2018, 10:56:10 PM »
I haven't forgotten about the PCP pistol build. I've been slowly acquiring some bits. I have LW barrel and a pressure tube with a valve and hammer block. I have just bought some 7075 Aluminium for the fill end plug, so I will be machining that to size and drilling for the fill probe an non return valve and pinning it with the set screws.

Given overall length is going to be about 450mm, one thing I'm still trying to decide, is the position for the grip. I have been thinking about using a trigger linkage so the grip can be a bit further forward avoid being overly front heavy.

Offline mojo

• Mana 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2018, 02:51:18 PM »
Count me in, should have a decent workshop again shortly so im not working out of a garden shed lol

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2018, 07:40:10 AM »
been a while since posted anything on the pcp revolver build,have struck a mechanical glitch with the little
 part that rotates and indexs the rotary mag,there not lot room inside the section where this part needs to
 go behind the mag and it allso needs to fit around the valve body,with enough room to move vertically
 as well,its really messing with my head at the moment,as just have to get it right for gun to funtion
 correctly.
 on a simialler firearm this little but essentual componant is easy to do,just a little lever type part thats
 attacted to the hammer or trigger that engages the mag/cylander ratchet to index next chamber to align
 with barrel etc,simple eh!!normally the ratchet is very close to the center axel for cylander,but the pcp
 revolvers ratchet is off center due to the valve being positioned thru center of the mag,postioning the
 end the lever further towards outside etc,bassically this means the lever needs a dog leg to get around the
 valve body,this all has to fit inside the end cap behind mag,not lot room in there eh!!
 i know will fit n work,just matter getting getting the shape right so does fit n work,but bloody frustrating
 making it do so.
 so thats where i am at with my project at moment.
 good to see few others now accumulating bitz for pistol projects now.
 cheers mike