Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Lead free H&N pellets  (Read 314 times)

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 29
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
Lead free H&N pellets
« on: September 30, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »
I've had a chance to try some different pellets lately. Today I tried these new pellets through my marauder pistol. Target was set out to 20 m, and I was sitting with the gun rested on my knee, so reasonably steady. I shot a full 8 shot mag and got this great group.
The pellets are not pba but an alloy. They look and feel well made, and I haven't come across a damaged one yet.
They are way lighter than your typical .22 pellet at 9.57 grain, so a flatter trajectory.
They are more expensive, but I like them. I tried them through my bobcat and got the sonic crack on high power, but at low power, 9 foot pound, I'm thinking they might be really good on pest birds in buildings, with the flat trajectory at low power.

There's my two cents worth.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 5
    • View Profile
Re: Lead free H&N pellets
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 06:46:29 AM »
giday mate,would these be the 22 version of the 177 ones your gave me to try????i was quite impressed
 with them in 177.tryed them in a match target twinmaster pistol thats here on holiday at moment just to
 check them for accurracy in super acurate pistol,was impressed,tho point impact changed considerable
 due to light weight etc,was expecting that,but they grouped very tight,allmost as good as good target
 pellets .
 i think said to you at time,these particular lead free pellets are getting good reveiws overseas,they would seem to be a good way to reduce fpe in some lower powered guns as you are using,making them handy
 in certain circumstances for pest control work,and be effective way to increase velcity in low powerd guns
 to get a flatter tradjectory etc,be no good to me in any my rifles,as would go supersonic in all them.
 cheers mike

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 09:18:04 AM »
Better get some to try.

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 29
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 10:26:43 PM »
Yes Mike, they are the .22 version. 
The S510 likes the .177, so your AA should like the .22 I reckon.

I could drop you off some to try Nova. I still have a few left.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 10:01:57 AM »
the old 22 s410 at 24fpe would be fine with these i think,but the 40fpe 22 BSA would send them super
 sonic for sure,the 177 22fpe sends 8.2 gr super sonic so not good choice i think,but my bulk filled 177
 co2 gamo 1200 pump action rifle i use for shooting pest birds indoors will proberly like then if they will
 funtion the the feed system,this rifle only feeds 7.5gr target pellets reliably,and only driving them at 540
 fps,it could benifit from bit more velecity to flatten tradjectorys a little,think you right these light weight
 pellets got less energy so in theory should be less likely to penertate cladding etc,but they are harder so
 we need test that theory on some cladding mate,as at 9fpe you put them thru cladding,at just under 5fpe
 i doubt the little gamo 1200 will,they prob come back and hit me eh!! must have shot thousands starlings
 n sparrows with this rifle now in buildings,still amazes me just how well it dumps em dead at this power
 level out to 15yds or so Alex from magair used to pest shoot birds in super markets etc with his Steyer
 lp50 target pistol easily at around same fpe as my co2 gamo rifle,so dont need much power for this type
 shooting eh!i shouldve tryed thse 177 pellets you gave me in the co2 rifle,rather than the pistol eh,
 now got buy a tin 177 just the check that out,bugger it!!!
 cheers mike