Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Project 2550  (Read 233 times)

Offline Mintie

• Mana 30
    • View Profile
Project 2550
« on: October 24, 2018, 01:01:17 PM »
I picked up a Turkish Webley Patriot .25cal barrel and these "RAM" (Real Action Marker - Paintball) Co2 bottles a while back and I have been planning to use them on a 2250 25 cal build. The bottles are similar in size to the 88g disposable - 30.1mm diameter and 227mm long vs the 88g disposable which is 35.3mm diameter and 200mm long. They are refillable with an ASA at one end and an on/off tap on the other end, they hold about 60g of Co2 which should be good for about 5 times what each of the small disposable 12g units hold.

Plan is to cut the tube of the 22xx down shorter and build a new front half of the valve with an ASA on one end and a bigger plenum area for the gas Co2 to sit on the other end. Guessing in 25 cal it will need the extra volume to get more power along with a pretty large transfer port.

Who knows where I will end up performance wise but i'm kinda hoping for 20-25fpe and 25-30 shots per fill but that might be optimistic with only 11" of barrel to play with  :(

The last pic is just a mock up of what it might look like size wise.

Lots of airguns

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
Re: Project 2550
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 04:45:58 PM »
now you talking,that is a really great idea,didnt even know you could still get those cylanders,be perfect
 for building 2240/2250s,like idea that 25 cal.i have a 20 inch green mountain arms custom 25 cal barrel
 i got while back for new project cost way too much,the webely 25 barrel pretty good barrels,my brother in
 aussie got 25 webely ,tells me very accurate,hes been calling in foxs close and tells me it drops them in
 their tracks,thats prob only bout 30fpe,so getting close that outa short barreled 2250 on co2 should be
 interesting for sure,bet wont have the recoil my brothers rifle either,and be lot easier to cock as well eh!!
 am going to make up a custom allminum 2240 pistol grip very soon for a project,can easily make two if
 you interested in one while got machinery set up,i find the crap alloy used in crosman grips cracks easily
 at rear screw hole,polished alli stays nice,dosnt lose its shine,like the crosman grips do,never found a
 paint that stayed on the crosman grips either,and they cant be anodised either,you guna go all the trouble
 to build custom gun,you may as well go the whole hog eh!!
 looking forward to watching progess on this new one.
 cheers mike

Offline irwanz

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 09:25:30 PM »
Any progress on this project guys ? Really want to see when all ideas will become real  8)

Offline Mintie

• Mana 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:59:22 PM »
I've still got all the bits here, and now have a QB79 on it's way that  might actually make a better base for more power. I also have a few more 25 cal barrels to choose from now so maybe I will do one on each platform?
Lots of airguns

Offline irwanz

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 01:13:42 AM »
Sounds good Mintie looking forward to watching this one.
Ps. I kinda like that last picture though  ;)