Username:

Password:

Author Topic: mynas  (Read 673 times)

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
Re: mynas
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »
sorry missed out part of the calculation for fpe,its as follows once velocity is known from chrono.velocity
 is multiplyed by velocity,then equaled multiplyed by pellet weight then equaled divided by 450240 to give
 foot pounds of energy.example
900x900=x 15,9 divide by 450240 = fpe.
 hope thats explained it
 cheers mike

Offline altair

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 06:49:35 PM »
Cheers Mike, sounds good, I found an online FPE calculator which reckons at 800fps I have 22FPE, or at 900fps 28FPE which is okay, apparently about 7FPE needed for starlings etc looking online.
Yeah I might go straight to the accupels, as I reckon more blunt force trauma would be good.
These cheap  air rifles can be a bit of fun for not a lot of money. Just wish we still had a tip in our town,  so I could go rat shooting....
Thanks for the reply.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 07:07:52 PM »
only need 750fps with 14/16gr 22 pellets for most things,i have shot several foxs in aussie with 16gr 22 pellets at 750fps from a springer,they dropped on the spot n never moved again with on pellet in brain at
 around 25yds accuracy is king with airguns,dont pay much attention to the advertising crap they put out
 with airguns,the velocitys most allways quoted are for the lightest pellet for the caliber so looks good to
 potentual buyers mate particually with springers.
 14.3 gr crosman premiers hollow points allso be a good pellet for you purposes,they dont really expand but
 are generally very accurate in most guns.
 I am not a user of springers these days went to pcps allmost 20 years ago so dont really use springers that much any more coz they just dont do what i need as good as pcps do.just a personal choice really,dosnt matter  what type of rifle you use as long as it gets job done eh!!
 cheers mike