Username:

Password:

Author Topic: signing off  (Read 399 times)

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
signing off
« on: November 03, 2018, 07:01:42 AM »
After this final post i am signing off the forum perminently,no point in belonging to a forum with only 3/4
 actively posting members these days,got better things to do with my time than wasting my time talking
 to myself,obviously nothing i post interests anyone else,so whats the point eh!!! seems be large nunbers
 guests just sitting on the side never even asking questions or posting anything,i find this a bit strange
 that none have signed in to comment on any thing,thats unusual for a forum.
 any way have meet some great people thru this forum and shall miss talking to them,see you all later eh!!
 cheers mike

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
Re: signing off
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 07:55:11 AM »
Well that is a pity; the most disappointing post I have read. I always read your posts and was pleased to have a real gunsmith bloke rather than an amateur airgun mechanic talking about guns and making a side by side .22lr.

I think you sell yourself short saying that no-one reads your posts. I think they do; the guests on the forum that are reading but not logged on. The guests that do not respond maybe because they have nothing to say but they are still there.

I read your posts and Minties but I don't always respond for the simple reason that I don't have the knowledge to have a constructive conversation. Better to be quiet than thought a fool.

We, the contributors and the non- contibutors will miss you on this forum. Farewell.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 08:08:51 AM by Novagun »

Offline Jusepy82

• Mana 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 10:27:54 AM »
I agree , I often read your posts . I guess its easier to jump on one of the Facebook groups and chat/post.
This site is very quiet compared to what it used to be.

Offline irwanz

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 04:52:38 PM »
For Mike...I love read and lern from everything's your post in this forum mate, to be honest for guy like me who loves this kind of sport, I rather be read and laughing or sometimes scratched my head after read your guys opinions about this kinda of hobby because I don't really know about the gun itself man !!  :-\  let say .... read your opinion or Mintie, Wingman, Mojo and the others in this forum make me happy. Like Nova said so so disappointing.
Ps. I can't wait ro see your .25 project that you tell me couple weeks before, just let me know when you finished will you.

Offline FLUB

• Mana -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 05:42:48 AM »
I'm sorry to see you go and always enjoyed reading your posts, although I fully understand your reasonin. I'm a member of quite a few forums (my hobby seems to be collecting hobbies!) and they are all going the same way. I think Facebook has made it so easy to keep all the groups in one place that forums are just dying. Tapatalk made an effort to do the same thing with forums but they are slowly dropping off (as this one did). I think that many more people these days are accessing via a phone or tablet, rather than a PC, but most forums are not made to suit this limited screen size.

The NZ Airgunners Group on Facebook is very active, including with some of the key players from here. I think one of the reasons is because it's so easy to add photos. Something that is not so easy with forums, especially if you're a member of many, that all work differently.

I think your posts are always well received even if people don't respond. Some are too shy and some just don't have anything to add. As someone else has said, your .25 project was something that many of us were looking forward to read and I really hope that you post about it somewhere. You will be missed. Farewell.

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 05:26:55 PM »
While Faceook is quick and easy, I like the way you can come on here and reference back to something in the past of value.
Hope to catch up again one day Mike. Still have your number  ;)
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Online Mintie

• Mana 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 08:22:33 AM »
Come back Mike! Ill be the only sody lover here if you dont!
Lots of airguns

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 10:36:13 AM »
Sody lover. What's that. Something to do with rammed dirt houses, I suppose better to say rammed earth.

Anyway to the big Kahuna from Taranaki. I bet you sneeked a look at this thread. You still haven't posted about the pcp revolver project and a lot of us are very interested. How are you sorting out getting the air round the corner and behind the pellet in the revolving cylinder.

Offline JS

• Mana 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 01:27:19 PM »
Remember guests are probably from google searches.. a search for custom PCP pistol, or 2240 modification will no doubt land here. Its not simply members that are looking but not talking..

So people are being influenced by the content, and probably taking away some valuable insights. But yes it is a shame there is less engagement.

Everything is moving to mobile devices, and sad to say it I am only every here if i have a spare minute at work (like now), but facebook is constantly in my pocket.. Just the way it is in this modern world..
When the forum was on tapatalk i used to keep updated more often..
TX200 MKIII .177
Gamo Hunter 440 .22
Feinwerkbau 300s .177
Weihrauch HW80 .22
HW45 .177

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 05:35:57 PM »
belonged to this forum n old black one for so long its become a habit to check forun every time turn
 computer on as i have just done,after reading the replys to my origional post.never could stand hearing a
 grown man cry Mintie,you got me on the sodys mate,seems like you n i the only ones still messing
 around with sody mate,got pretty lonely in co2 land compared old days eh mate,i guess when thinking
 bout it,dosnt really matter if only few us still posting,i dont have smart fone,hate face book and other
 social media and all the crap thats on it,so never go near it.
 i do enjoy the few posts and projects that are posted no matter what they are about,never did learn to post
 pics on forums,so would send pics to others by cell fone so they could post them for me,bit slow process
 and pain in the butt to do,but only way could put up pics,thats why not my pics with my posts,not really
 into most technolgy,still figureing out how to use the didgital read out system on my mill properly,hate
 getting new tv and setting it up,every time my computer upgrades got figure it out all over again,n hate
 that. so have reconsidered giving up forum,there may only be few nuts like myself left on it,but they my
 kind of nuts,so guess us few dinosauses left may as well stick together eh!!
 so guess am back.
 cheers mike

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »
Kapai ehoa!!!!!!!

Online Mintie

• Mana 29
    • View Profile