Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Accurate Shooting.  (Read 169 times)

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -8
    • View Profile
Accurate Shooting.
« on: November 04, 2018, 08:45:03 AM »
I am not sure if I have posted this before so here it goes. Maybe again.

To shoot accurately you must be able to repeat the same procedure time and again. It is helpful to have a plan to follow to get those steps in the procedure so you can follow one after the other. It also gives you something to refer to and identify what you did wrong when you are wondering why your shots are not as good as you want them to be.

Accuracy requires effort.

Aide to Concentration.  Springer air rifle shooting routine.   

The following list may be useful in establishing a repeatable routine to follow when training to improve your accuracy. The steps for you to repeat could be :-

Load...               Make sure the pellet is squarely and firmly seated.

Shoulder...         Bring the rifle to the shoulder and get the hand grips to your favoured position including
                         rests.  Artillery hold.

Target...             Identify the right place to shoot.

Visualise...         Imagine what you want the target to look like after the shot.

Sights ...            Bring the sights onto the bullseye zone.

Breath...            Three breaths then partial exhale; stop breathing.  Do not hold breath as that creates tension.

Aim...                Bring the scope x hairs or open sight to fine detail and hold.   7 seconds maximum or
                         restart the process. ( Less time is better but do not rush to get shot away.)

Squeeze...         Straight back, steady. Do not snatch the trigger trying to get shot away while sight is spot on.

Follow through... Watch the sight, target picture for two seconds, watch the pellet if you can. Do not release
                          the trigger until the pellet has struck.

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
Re: Accurate Shooting.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 06:20:43 PM »
Pull trigger to rear inline with stock. (no twisting or sideways)
I say use fore-pad, others find it better in the crease.
Release shot on a 2/3 exhaled breath. In between heart beats.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
Re: Accurate Shooting.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:56:49 PM »
i find can feel trigger better using finger pad,unless its a double action revolver.
 chhers mike