Username:

Password:

Author Topic: home invasion  (Read 152 times)

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
home invasion
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:03:34 AM »
Some may remember a while back i mentioned we have bit of a feral cat problem,well just bit nasty last
 night,we have been having issuses with very large black n white tom cat for some time,attacking and killing
 our free range chooks,had even snuck into the chook house in day light killed one n scappered with it off
 into the bush beside the house,to enjoy some take away chicken in peace,been getting real checky last few
 days,dispite our large tom cat beating him up several times lately,been sneaking around close to the house
 never been able to get clean safe shot at him,just too quick,noticed one back bed room insect sceenes
 was hanging loose yesterday arvo,thought wind must have some how blown it off,11 oclock last nite all
 hell broke loose inside the house,massive cat brawl going on,in back bed room,continued thru lounge and
 ended up getting real nasty in back porch,my cat got the bugga bailed up in corner,its hanging off half
 way up the door insect screen,sqealing like its nuts in the vice,which they kind oif were as my bid tom was
 hanging off his nuts,obviously could use fire arm inside in this situation,cats trapped cant go any where
 coz no where left to go,and now his trapped i not guna let him go either,we keep large heavy steel
 headed golf club beside door in that porch,grabbed that,waited til my cat let go n backed off,then clocked
 the bugga on the noggin a real beauty,out like a light,so biffed him couple more,one very large dead feral
 cat,my cat promptly pounced on again and poceeded to really scuff ,fur flying every where for several
 minutes til my cat finally figured out it dead,sat down keeping eye on it with evil grin on his face.
 What a mess,blood every where and one very dead large feral cat,wasnt how i had expected this fellow to
 end his wild ways thats for sure,but i now know just how well a golf club works when it been repurposed
 after being retired from golf eh!!i certainly would not wanted to be hit with one.
 cheers mike

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
Re: home invasion
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:37:14 AM »
Take it to the taxidermist and get it mounted. Would make a nice scratching post for your cat.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 07:51:26 AM »
Reminds me, years ago in the scout hall, all gathered for an evening of scouts when a possum came down out of the rafters. Grabbed a cricket bat and took a swing. One dead at possum. Actually the possum ran into the bat head on.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:25:27 AM »
all this excitment happened not long after got off fone with you hugh,just noticed the screen the bugga was
 hanging off ripped,so will need replacing,been while since seen a cat fight,man they no holds barred eh!!
 i guess my cat just protecting his patch,and was definatly really serious bout doing so,specially coz other
 cat inside his home i guess,still couple more these feral cats around here i got clean out,there undoubtly
 be more soon when school holidays start and selfish townies start dumping there supposably pet cats to
 go on holiday,happens every school holidays,worse at chrismas,just dont understand how people can do
 this,not only is it cruel to poor cat,but devastating to local bird life,not cats fault,they got to eat to live.
 but many just seem to care,pets to them are diposable,seems like with many other things in our throw
 away society,pets are the same today,they obviously dont care bout the wild life this affects either.
 common prob in many rural areas close to towns,i bet this is one prediter problen that isnt considered in
 govnments prediter control initititive now under way around country.
 i see them boasting on tv that they will have kiwis back in wellington suburbs very soon,what bunch of
 starry eyed dreamers,eh!!to a cat and there heaps cats in the wellington suburbs,a kiwi is just easy fast
 food,how they guna stop that??,then how they guna stop all those city rats stealing and eating kiwi eggs
 fact is any kiwi dumb enuf to wander into the suburbs guna have very short life span with a violent end,
 where the hell do find these clowns eh!!
 cheers mike

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 03:04:59 PM »
We have tui in the trees here most of the time and they very welcome. Tuneful and they chat to you.
Had a couple of Kereru pass through a while ago. I am thankful they didn't stay. Kereru have very big droppings -- all over the place.
People down near Zealandia must love the kakas. Big birds that tear the bark off trees. Having them around is all very nice but if they strip trees they will soon be having a go at other things. Thing I noticed is that tui and blackbirds etc fly through trees with agility. Kaka and Kereru crash through them.
And Kiwi groveling around in the garden. Not for me but I am not worried because it will not happen.
The domestic dogs will destroy them if they arrive. Maybe it is cruel putting kiwis in harms way.

I am glad I didn't see that cat fight. Cat and dog fights are not nice to see.