Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Night out with my Russian bride  (Read 112 times)

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
Night out with my Russian bride
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:16:01 PM »
I got to go out on a farm tonight. First time here, and conditions couldn't have been better. No wind and warm. The farmer dropped me at the top of a small valley, and I walked back down. First off I went along a hill side, not seeing anything for a while, then spotted a hare moving away from me, so I headed in his direction, no lick he had gone, so I crept up to the top of a rise and spotted two more hares about 30 m below me. So my first shot was a kneeled, and I dropped it, very pleased with myself. The second one moved a bit, then sat on its hind legs looking,  big mistake, thwack and it fell.
So I moved off the hill and hit the road going along next to horse paddocks. I stuck to the shady tree side, but spotted a black rabbit in the field, so moved until there was a small shrub between us and moved toward it, got in position and nailed it by threading the shot through a couple of wire fences. Any way, I kept going, it got dark, and I ended up getting 8 rabbits and a bonus possum on the way home.
It was so good being able to walk around with the gun in hand and not have to worry about being seen. The farmer was happy, and said I'm welcome anytime. I'm home now, nice cold vodka, then off to bed.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
Re: Night out with my Russian bride
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 07:21:39 AM »
Nice story, funny looking gun. Must be a good one though.

You saved the forum. First post in a couple of days.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 07:55:59 AM »
Good one Paul,see your eye still in mate,know what you mean bout worrying bout being seen walking
 around with a gun,why i gave up doing what you do,just got tired the hassels of dealing with the public
 when trying do my job eh!!We allways worked in with the police,so allways knew where we were working
 and helped us make it safe as possible,dont know bout you,but i got so tired being abused by dickheads,
 Public a#$$#holes to deal with,you cant win with them,they complain bout pest birds/rats etc,dont want
 them posioned,dont want traps around coz their pets etc,then abuse us for shooting pests they dont want
 around eh!!Fact is shooting the only humane and effective way control these pests,but they dont want to
 see us doing it,go figure that one eh!!
 I havnt had time to go for walkies lately,been busy making new scope mounts for the revolver project and
 working on repair jobs for others that seem be accumulating in workshop again,have been to local airgun
 club last two weekends,and will be joining up next week,really only interested in shooting pistols tho and
 they shoot hms steel which i used to like with firearms,so will proberly get seriously into that,and maybe
 ft pistol.will see how it goes.
 You right Hugh,its been bit quiet on forum of late,tho have checked it out every day,havnt posted
 anything lately either myself,I need to learn how post pics,that may help liven it up a bit,not the same
 just talking bout things without pics eh!!
 cheers mike

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 10:44:23 AM »
If you take pictures with your phone, you should be able to put them on. That's how I do it.

Make sure your camera lens is clean first, and hold camera nice and still without casting a shadow on the subject.

On my phone, I use Google to look at forum, on desktop site, not any mobile view.

When posting a thread, there is the "attachments and other options" under the text area. Push this. Then it says choose file. You want to choose gallery and then your phones photos should come up for you to select.

So it would be the same on a PC, but of course you need the photos on the PC, which is why I use the phone, because that's where my photos are.

So give it a go.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22