Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Summer plinking  (Read 143 times)

Offline Hidayat

• Mana 20
    • View Profile
Summer plinking
« on: December 17, 2018, 07:39:13 AM »
Seem like everyone talk about pistol,target shooting, so the other day I give this old pistol exercises. It's only 390fps when they are brand new 20+ year's ago  ;D, this is 15-25m target shooting,they are just nice n fun bird for target shooting, no need mucken around reset the target, they are everywhere,just like auto reset target   ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 05:22:30 PM by Hidayat »
NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE

Offline Vault

• Mana 2
    • View Profile
Re: Summer plinking
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 04:36:06 PM »
I love the way you think, I also prefer live targets.

Hedgehogs are my favorite targets for the kids as they dont run fast and its a duty to kill as many of them as I can.

We name the Hedgehogs before shooting them usually John Key, Obama, Hexenbeast Clinton.

Kids love it although my favorite is King of Pedaphiles the Pope..... boom
I hunt ....

Rabbits
Reptilians
Pedophiles
Possums

😎

Offline Hidayat

• Mana 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:23:25 PM »
Hahaha, cheers bro ;D
NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 07:51:16 PM »
Must be going round like flue coz been doing same thing on starlings inside the neighbours inplement shed
 hes got tired the mess they make over all the farm machinery so gave me a call,my current favourite
 pistol for this is a 3,5fpe 177 cal twinmaster match target pistol,this neat 8 shot pcp revolver is so
 accurate right out to 25yds anything at 10/12 yards is in dire danger of losing an eye,and dying very
 quickly.like all 10 meter match target pistols its insanely accurate the trigger is so good it goes off almost
 by thinking about,I allso use a Gamo g1200 177 cal co2 pump action rifle that I have bulk filled that only
 4.5 fpe and extremely accurate out 15/18 yds for same purpose these awsume little co2 rifles now long
 out production but well worth grabbing when they occasionally turn up on trade me,just need bit fettelling
 on trigger to make them great shooters.
 One my favourite plinking airguns and great little short distance pest shooting co2 rifles,we all tend to
 forget just how good some rather low powered airguns can be for other things than paper targets eh
 accuraccy is king with these guns,any 177 cal pistol or rifle that will bury a pellet flush into a pine
 board at 10 meters got plenty power for pest birds and even rats with well placed pellet,I shot a rat
 couple days ago dead one brain shot with twinmaster pistol at 9 paces,never knew what hit it eh,still had
 the bit chook food in its mouth it had flogged eh when it died.just dumb question but why hedge hogs so
 bad I leave them alone coz they eat the grubs out my vegi garden even leave sauser milk out for the
 ones live round the garden,I know they carry things like ring worm but didnt think they were a prob for
 any other reasons .
 cheers mike

Offline Vault

• Mana 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
Hedghogs are carnivores and hunters.

They eat everything from native lizards, kiwi eggs, duck eggs anything that cant out run them.
I hunt ....

Rabbits
Reptilians
Pedophiles
Possums

😎

Offline Mintie

• Mana 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »
Would love to grab a G1200 to tinker with, let me know if you see another one for sale Mike. Need to get those pellets off to you too!
Lots of airguns

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 08:16:46 AM »
I love these now long out production co2 pump action rifles made in the 1980s the build quality is excellent
 at lest as good some the early Crosman co2 rifles made in the 950/60s possibly even better,not easy to
 find today possibly due to very few ever being imported,but they do turn up now and again on trade me,tho
 prices climbing proberly due to collectors,all were 177 cal only and there were two versions one like mine
 used 12 gram disposables the other called the magnum for some strange reason was factory modified to
 use larger 77/88 gram disposables.these are quite rare as were I believe only made in small numbers for
 very short time,have never actually seen this version as I dont think any were imported.Ron would know
 as he was the importer of the model I have.Dont disregard the newer bloody ugly co2 extreme pump
 action rifles tho as dispite their looks they are actually a rather good rifle and very easy to put on bulk fill
 as you can now get cheap refillable 88 gram co2 cylanders that are bassically just modified 88 gram
 disposable cylanders.I made my own as these were available then.This rifle allso runs very well on hpa.
 initallily I had some concerns bout the build quality of the co2 extreme rifles due to them having many
 plastic working parts,but these have turned out to be unfounded as have had no issues with the one I
 have over several years and lot pellets thru it now with now signs of wear or damage to these parts.
 in fact have grown to like the rifle enuf to be looking at getting one in 22 cal as well,these are proving to
 be a great rifle for the tinkerer,so worth considering allso.they capable of 15/16 fpe in 22 cal on hpa.
 So a 10 shot pump action 22 cal regulated hpa version will be a rather handy rifle,and if on bulk fill co2
 at 10/11 fpe be a very versitile rifle as well.
 food for thought eh!!
 cheers mike