Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Visual Ammo. D54 Bullpup  (Read 130 times)

Offline monkeymike

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
Visual Ammo. D54 Bullpup
« on: January 15, 2019, 08:56:38 PM »
First post. Topic is Visual ammunition. I have an interest in playing with things that can aid in increasing peoples involvement in life pursuits ie shooting and self sufficiency. When I was a kid growing up on a farm in the sixties Dad bought me some .177 air gun darts so as to watch the arc of the pellet as it left the barrel. On the interweb I came across a product called Streak Visual Ammunition by Ammolnc.com . The thing I would like to know is if there is a similiar product as this from the Air Gun community or manufacturers?  Please watch the video on this product and I think you will be amazed of its properties for even bringing new shooters into the fray. I myself have tried with limited success in my Zoraki .177 over 10metres using fluro paint. Slight problem with some small amounts of paint residue but easy to fix by cleaning out with air compressor. Am now trying different paint products.

On another front I am busy with my remaking of a Diana 54 into a bullpup confiquration. Definitely interesting with the trigger fitting as I am making it as a manual spring system. Sleepless in Welly with some of the adjustments. All good fun thou
Cheers Mike

Offline xyon

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Ammo. D54 Bullpup
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 12:01:39 AM »
Hi and Welcome,
Got a link for the visual ammo? for those of us who are too lazy to look it up :-)

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 10:37:18 AM »
Hello Monkey,

Have you tried a really strong torch shining along the pellet path? I know with night vision I can see the pellet path easily with the IR torch, and some days with the right sun direction you can see the pellet flight.

Another way I found good, was to mount a camera behind the scope, and use the slow mo function. You can watch as many times as you want, but I did this with a  low powered single stroke pumper with low pellet speed and no recoil.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 07:28:34 PM »
More than a few years ago I had some of those darts for my BSA Meteor. Can't really remember if they were any good. Since then, fairly recently, I have read that they are detrimental to the bore of an airgun. Probably because they are made of steel that damages the rifling.

I have seen pellet flight from my Daisy 953 SSP. 450 fps or less, but only with a stong light behind the shooter.
Some blokes on GTA talked about a dab of twink on the back of the pellet. That can't hurt but it will change the characterstics of the pellet.