Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Dive Tanks. Failures  (Read 330 times)

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
Re: Dive Tanks. Failures
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 06:05:39 PM »
I spoke to thr people at Airbow who make the nail guns and supply the compressers today at some length
 bout the compressers,4500 max fill pressure,they have made several modifications to compressers,added
 better dry air filters and few other mods to improve them,hence the higher price than importing same
 cpmpresser yourself,one year comprehensive garentee,free repairs etc on any probs etc,they are currently
 working on new nz designed compresser that runs slower and more effeciently and will solve any issuses
 the current model has they are aware of caused by over heating etc,these bassiaclly same compressers
 wingman has but been industralised for contruction industery that notorious for destroying tools,new
 compresser be available some time this year and has large hpa bottle on it,so no need to turn on compresser,every time to fill gun also much quieter and runs slower but more eficient etc,cost new model
 wil be approx $11/1200 but will be much better one built to last etc.
 check with local place makers for trade shows in march these guys will be there sujest you doso before
 leaping into buying current compresser,you can buy the same model direct from chinese maker for
 approx $600 nz delivered to your door on line tho wont have the nz filter system fitted.
 cheers mike

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 10:17:24 PM »
Good work Mike, that's really useful info. I wouldn't have bought one yet, but am keen to learn more about them. Some of the ones from overseas like Nomad 2, and Hatsan spark look good for being able to run them out in the field.

Anyway, good info. I'm half tempted to suggest work buys me one. But I wont hold my breath.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 06:16:51 AM »
the company had the compressers made to their specs for them in china for industral use on constuction
 sites so are bit more robust than wingmans ones i think guy spoke to said they beat the crap outa them
 in testing for year during the developement process before they released them and nail gun to builders
 mate,only had couple that needed repair work,builers real hard on gear mate and compressers would get
 lot more and harder work than you or I would give them in 6 months than we would give one in 5 years,
 nail guns need refilling to 4500 psi every 300 nails so prob get filled 3/4 times a day on dusty construction
 sites too,the new version under developement now has its own larger tank on board like workshop
 compresser so can fill gun faster off tank like we do with our hpa bottles so no waiting for compresser to
 fill gun directly as current model does and machine runs slower so dosnt heat up etc,this new one meant
 be much better than current one,but will cost more.they sold some to paintballers allready and they having no probs so far with current model,these guy have invented a hellva good nail gun better than
 anything else on market today guns actually use carbon fiber fiber tank and are regulated so wanted
 compresser to match.
 cheers mike

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 06:25:02 AM »
I can see this ending in tears...
They will not last the distance.
Those little compressors do fine filling the 500cc bottles which takes about 5 mins and with casual use and regular oring and high pressure piston ring replacement they last ok.
Now add two more 500cc "filters" to the system and fill you nail gun which has 1000cc and you have just put three times the running time on your compressor.
The 500cc "air filters" take another 5 mins each to fill up and the 1000cc airbow cylinder will take another 10mins. Thats 20 minutes of run time per fill which is the same time it took me to top up my dive bottle from 180bar to 240bar.
You all saw how long mine lasted even with the best German synthetic compressor oil, upgraded high quality o rings and regular piston ring changes ... kaboom..

Now imagine this thing on a building site with lets say 5 nail guns working....
I hope they have a full time compressor maintainance/warranty  guy employed..

Those compressors cost less than half that on aliexpress but unless you are just filling a pcp directly  with casual use, dont even go there.
If you use a lot of air buy a Bauer compressor..

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 06:27:32 AM by Wingman »

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2019, 05:08:53 AM »
i tend to agree with you Phil,being well used to building sites and builders i know how hard builders are on
 tools and equipement,i just followed up on these from a previous poster,called the company involved in
 making the nail guns  after seeing the pics posted of the compressers i recognised them as being simialer
 to the ones you had that self destructed and quiried the company bout them and posted what they told
 me,i have my doubts bout them being as robust as they say i tend to think it will be the compressers
 that let the nail guns down,so sitting back waiting to see if their new model will be any better than the
 first as they say it will,i do like the nail guns and in market for new gun so have bit an interest in following
 in following this one,thanx for giving the books to Will mate,didnt think you would part with the pistol mate
 but i didnt think i would part with mine either but a new DRO system for the mill won out in the end eh!!
  cheers mike

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2019, 07:30:10 AM »
All good Mike, thanks for the loan of them.
I have knocked my collection right back to just what I use on a regular basis.
Some of the lathe tooling has been getting replace and a general overhaul and I have fine tuned it to have zero chuck to tail stock runout due to doing quite a few rifle chamberings recently.
I been making more use of the big cenerfires again and and doing more long range shooting... even putting a bit of venison in the freezer.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:35:15 PM by Wingman »

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 09:05:49 AM »
Placemakers keen to sell and discounting price.  Funny eh?  Placemakers Kaiwharawhara have some ridiculously overpriced stock.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 02:43:57 PM »
cool mate seen few your projects on fire arms forum really liked the baby rifle,deer hunting round here so
 easy for fallow and reds round here some only 15 mins down roads,no one realises just how good deer
 hunting is here in the naki coz every one keeps it quiet but there large mobs excellent fallow and reds very
 close to where i live mostly on private land but plenty on DOC land as well if you know where to go.DOC
 will actualy supply fallow to improve herds round here,dont know any where else they will do that but fallow
 like open country on bush edges not really bush deer so that may have something to do with it too and
 most seem live on private land as well,like said well kept secret round here mate where they are eh!!
 i had thin out guns too got rid all the firearms didnt use any more and did same you ,put the money into
 the workshop and up graded few things,got this awesume 60mm three jaw chuck set up recently for the
 100mm tilting rotary table,makes lot mill jobs real easy now,going make tail stock to go with it to make
 machining tubing cut outs real easy on 90 degree tilt using rotary table to index etc,
 cheers mike