Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Police shooting at car.  (Read 248 times)

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -9
    • View Profile
Police shooting at car.
« on: February 01, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »
Article in the Dompost.
"Police fired at car after it driver led officers on high speed rampage across Auckland.  --------
Police fired more than one shot at the vehicle due to the serious  risk posed by the alleged offender.

The article alludes to shooting at a moving vehicle but is not clear on that point. Shody reporting. If the vehicle was not moving why were shots necessary.

Just a bit concerning that Police were shooting and what with, a Glock or a Bushmaster.  At a veicle that presumably was travelling on or stopped in a populated street or road. Questions to be answered on this one Mr Bush. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:47:13 PM by Novagun »

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
Re: Police shooting at car.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 07:39:38 PM »

Offline Mintie

• Mana 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:25:46 PM »
Have just seen video of the police shooting at the car. Very poor effort on their behalf and very very dangerous for the public. This was at a busy intersection in an area with lots of people around, the screen shot I have here is where it all happened.
Lots of airguns

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 07:45:18 AM »
unfortunatly this is just one more incident of a growing number of police shootings that are more dangerous
 to the public than the incident that lead to our police using firearms against the idiot involved in first
 instance,this what allways happens when firearms are issused to police in any country,its no different to
 what happens so often in the US and other countrys with armed cops or security personal,its know fact
 that if you give anyone guns and the right to use them at their own discression that they will use them
 rather than look for other means of resolving the situation by less leathal means,what happened here just
 should never have gone down as it did,i am not judging the officers involved as i wasnt there and dont
 know all the facts that lead to this going down as it did,but my guess is that the officers inolved fad just
 been involved in a car chase with the idiot involved and were very excited and nervous,had firearms were
 chasing some one they believed was armed,but hadnt seen any gun etc and over reacted in heat the
 moment and resorted to firearms simply because they had them but would have found another way to
 resolve the situation if they didnt have firearms,it concerns me that this sort thing is becoming the
 noramal more and more today with our police,what the public dosnt realise is there are a lot more armed
 officers out there than it apears,our local country cops allways turn up armed to anything even general
 inquires now,i am not comfortable dealing with armed officers on my property or in my home when i am
 not a threat to them in any way and i know all these officers personally and have very good relationship
 with them all,i can certainly notice the difference when dealing with these same officers when unarmed
 to their attitude towards us when armed,they are definatly more aggressive in attitude and dememour
 when armed.i have no issuses with properly trained officers being issused with firearms when necessary
 but do have issuses with firearms being issused often now to untrained officers as a general every day
 use sort thing,which is how it appears to becoming normal today,i dont see why its necessary to put
 armed cops at every incident as what are guards after the incident is clearly over and the offender allready gone having been arrested and taken away,what is the purpose of having officers armed with M4s
 standing around???this is now common practice,why is it even necessary for our police to be armed with
 what arm essentually militery weapons in a country that 99.9% of the population dont go around armed
 or even have access to this type of weapon???our police have like many other countrys now become
 militerised have armed themselves with militery weapons and use militery type tactics to resolve issuses,
 it has become very much a seige mentality among our police its now in their minds a case of them
 against the rest of us,this is what happens when governments let police have bassicaly a free reign in
 how they keep the peace and maintain law and order in a society and then investigate them selves when
 things go wrong in how they delt with some thing,this is NZ today,it a certainty when this latest incident
 is investigated by police complants authority that if any wrong doing or mistakes were made by the
 officers involved that as has become normal the officers will be exonerated of any blame or wrong doing,
 thats pretty much a done deal even before the investigation even starts as it how it allways turns out
 now.
 cheers mike

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 08:24:51 AM »
I looked at the video and it seems real enough. I did see another photo of the red car stopped on a grass area. Was it a shot fired from a pursuing vehicle? Shooting at a moving vehicle from a moving vehicle by a passenger using his off hand out the window doesn't seem likely. Most people are right handed. Maybe a policeman was waiting on the side of the road and shot the car as it went past. That would explain the opportune video. Still risky shooting in a busy area. Looks like a shot burst a tyre but more than one shot was fired. Did all shots hit the car?

Was the risk of shooting justifiable? Maybe. Only those involved can answer that. Maybe the one that shot the tyre is the only one who will ever really know.  Maybe he knew his capabilities very well.
He must have received information from someone in the pursuit team to know where to be at the right time.   
It was reported that the fleeing car was driving very dangerously and had been involved in some sort of shooting.

The incident will be reviewed in slow motion bit by bit and the policeman who did what he thought best will be hanging on tenderhooks for a long time.

All because of some fool probably drug crazed but smart enough to discard the gun he had.

PS. The final result was good. People should be thankful for that.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:22:41 AM by Novagun »

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 09:59:06 AM »
in my opinion the result was more lucky than a satisfactory result,while i appreciate the idiot was armed
 etc and that certainly needed be taken into account by the police they couldve chose a better place to
 take the guy down the didnt put the public at this amount of considerable unnecessy risk,but fortunatly
 no one was hurt either the officers involved or the public and if thats considered a good result maybe it
 was.Unfortunatly there seem to be far too many idiots running around with guns these days,who shouldnt
 have access to them and it will never make any difference how restictive they make the law idiots and
 criminals will always get guns if they want them laws only affect the law abidding the rest pay no real
 attention to the law any way thats why they are idiots and criminals in first instance eh!!some thing police
 and polititions never seem to grasp either in most countrys.
 there is and never will be a real solution to idiots and criminals with guns that actually will prevent them
 from getting access to guns,just as there never will be either to drug use or dangerous use of motor
 vehicels either,its all bout politics and making polititions looking and feeling good while staying in power
 to believe we in NZ live in a free democratic country today is just to delude ones self.
 cheers mike

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 10:56:24 AM »
This is their continued effort to geting the stupid public accustomed to seeing armed officers.
Saw on the news the other night they'd shut down a city block for some bullshit or other, people just accept this as normal.
Meanwhile the leading causes of death (like 10,000 to 1 ahead of non-police-induced firearm deaths) remain cancer, cars and suicide, but I don't hear the hue and cry to even limit access to vehicles, there's no "war on cancer" and fuckall progress being made in mental health.

guns are just a scary sideshow to keep the idots placated, thinking the government ever achieves anything.

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 10:58:24 AM »

The incident will be reviewed in slow motion bit by bit and the policeman who did what he thought best will be hanging on tenderhooks for a long time..

like hell.
the blue-patched gang are the only ones that can murder people without recourse.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 11:35:38 AM »
i could get right into this topic but what have to say would be just kicking an allready dead horse so is
 pointless as it will change nothing nz police will do whatever suits them just as they allways have in past
 they will cover this the latest of many very clearly dodgy shooting incidents up to protect the guilty party
 if thats whats required just as they allways have done,to expect other wise would be to totally delude
 myself.cheers mike

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 12:56:01 PM »
Can't follow the logic.
I think that what happened was probably legally justifiable. At least there is an arguement to say there was that justification.
The practical arguement regarding the danger is another matter that can only really be answered by those involved and they will not enter into public debate and neither should they.

Offline Vault

• Mana 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 06:07:41 PM »
Police = revenue gathering policy enforcement officers for corporation of new zealand police.

More commonly known for

gang rape of Liouse Nichols,
murder of Verity Mclean, attempted murder of her partner
Killing a courie4 driver without consequence
Unlawfully spotlighting on DOC land around central otago AFTER being formally tresspassed fro  EVERY private farm without consequence
Drug dealing multiple times by multiple officers
Unlawfully accessing computers for the head hunters
Kidnapping a teenager and forcing him to leave nz for auztralia without consequences
Unlawfully chasing children in vehicles causing their deaths due to breaking their own protocauls without consequences
Unlawfully detaining lots of nz citizens
Point Bushmaster AR15 firearms at CHILDREN during UNLAWFUL raids in Ruatoki Te Ureweras after setting up Unlawful road blocks
Unlawful road block in auckland then unlawfully taking citisens photographs without consent for driving on the same rd as a Hells Angel 50th anniversary celebration
Muder of Steven Bellingham via police pistol that was unlawfully tsken from police station
Murder of Steve Wallace who broke shop windows with a golf club

By 2015 nz police had shot and killed 29 people, many were unrelated to any crime

In the last 10 years nz police have killed more people than in the previous 40 years.
Theyve killed more people that UK police who have 13 times our population

https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/2017/11/under-fire/

Nz police are a corporate armed gang of thugs
I kill....

Rabbits

Reptilians

Pedophiles

Possums

Offline Vault

• Mana 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 06:12:58 PM »
If ANY nz police ever harm or cause the death of my children I execute them on the spot.
If the police corporation tries to hide the names of their murderer gang members then I will execute every member of that corporation at random forever.

I will report crimes then BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM and off to report another and BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Gunshots ?

No that me detonating their Company cars, personal cars, homes.

You kill my children... im going to come for yours
I kill....

Rabbits

Reptilians

Pedophiles

Possums