Username:

Password:

Author Topic: rash of firearms incidents  (Read 198 times)

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
rash of firearms incidents
« on: March 01, 2019, 09:22:52 AM »
seems to me that for some reasons the idiots with guns are becoming even more idiotic lately,bit of a worry
 they now seem to be more inclined to take shots at our cops and get into shootouts in very public places
 with the police with no regard for public safety police safety or even their own safety,pointing or shooting
 at police never ends well for all partys,but this new thing is something that very rarely happened in past,
 but now seems to becoming more the norm lately,its very likely none these idiots will be legal firearms
 owners in first instance and this isnt the type of behaviour legal gun owners get up to anyway,facts are
 laws dont stop these idiots from getting guns,never have and never will either,but you can be sure there
 will be tougher gun laws coming in because of this idiotic behavour,that wont prevent it either,legal gun
 owners will be the only ones affected as is per usual,finding two handguns with a seized drug shippment
 is another worrying trend,but allso one that in real terms cant be prevented by tougher gun laws either,
 but will proberly cause another useless law change on handgun ownership that wont in any way prevent
 the illegal importation of handguns,you can bet you boots that whatever comes out of this current and
 secert gun law review will not be good for any of us gun owners and users following these increasing
 number of nasty incidents lately.
 cheers mike

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
Re: rash of firearms incidents
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 02:50:19 PM »
Yup, more and more pictures in everyone's face of cops with MSSAs. Keeping shit SAFE as fuck.

I have no problem with police being routinely armed - AS LONG AS THEY'RE APROPRIATELY TRAINED FOR IT
-AND-
All citizens are equally or better armed

In fact, based on what's happened repeatedly overseas, arming the "good" population would lead to a decrease in crime. - But most people in NZ either a) have  no interest, or b) "guns are scary"

Crime pays, in this country. Until the penalty for theft and cuntery is "probably shot to death, could be by anyone", I don't expect it will change.

As to crackheads doing crackhead shit, like shooting at cops... perhaps Drug policy and mental health need to be revisited, since they're not helping the situation at all.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 08:27:19 AM »
thought this would bring you out of you burrow mate,we on same page on this one for sure,funny its getting so common now that no one else has commented on this post eh!!fact is that any society sets its own limits on whats an acceptable level of crime and violence it will allow and what they expect any law enforcement agency to do about it or control it and obviously that level is being allowed to increase in this country by the general public,other wise they would be screaming at government to do some thing about it,but thats not happening eh!!crime and violence are not a police issuse but a social issuse the police just clean up the mess and if society wants the police to clean up their mess this is what they will get,while i have no particuller issuses with electic poha being legalised its guna turn out badly for sure just dropping legal drinking age to 18 has done it will create its own new set problems for sure simpily coz the polys will get it wrong as they usually do,coz its really all about getting votes or finding new ways to screw more taxs out the public,its bit hypicritical trying ban smoking but legalising another type of smoking at same time and at same time trying ban vaping its pretty phucked up eh!!glad i live where i do as fars as i can get away from the public and all the crap that comes with the public in general,time to crawl back into my burrow roll the rock back over the entrance and start loading more ammo and keeping my big knife sharp tending my electric poha crop,making more alcohol etc and living the quite life away from idiots off the grid eh!!waiting for the idiots to let all the out of work issis fighters come home to start their jihard here
 eh!!
 cheers mike

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 08:06:32 PM »
Well, what do you say to that? Things aren't what I would like them to be but if they were, maybe I wouldn't like that either because I might not have thought of all the consequences.

All I can say at the moment is that a new big, very big powerboat has appeared in the marina. Ugly thing that just says in a very loud voice, "Look how much money I spent."

Well I saw it out the other day heading back to the marina. All I can say is that it looks inefficient. At cruising speed it pokes its nose so high that if it did not have a flying bridge you wouldn't be able to see over the bow. The bow wave and wake was so big that most of the diesel being burnt was throwing water into the air and not sending the boat forward. Not a good boat.

Nothing to do with guns but I might find something better to say shortly. Missed shooting last night. Just too tired. Thought it might not be safe to shoot with that level of fatigue.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 11:16:59 PM by Novagun »

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 03:15:35 PM »
young guy down the road got a car like that boat big noisey cost heaps and neighbours old 50 year old fergy tractor gos faster and dosnt make as much noise bout it either.world full of posers mate,us real men live outa town and rarely go to town too busy out there just doing it to have time be a poser eh!!
 cheers mike

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 07:20:14 AM »
Well it hasn't stopped.No Dompost this morning so had a look at Stuff News.  Another shooting in Auckland and a woman held after discharging a firearm near a school at Otumutai. (sp?) Articles are lean on facts and big on headlines.

Then another article about poverty where a preschool child has fainted through lack of food. Look at the price of food in the supermarket and we produce it here and export it. 

Wake up you labour government incompetents. The prime minister talks about fairness. She also talked about child poverty.  More major failures on behalf of us all. And Kiwibuild.  What a joke. Ill conceived from the start and a lot of us are not surprised by the poorly executed project.

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 04:59:23 PM »
More articles about shootings in Auckland and Christchurch.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »
seems like these nasty incidents becoming so common the media not mentioning them as much they used to,too many angery people who just dont seem to realise the seriousness of what they doing and the results of it out there today,none seem to care what the end result of their actions will result in either,thats pretty phucked up attitude for sure,but very common today in many people sad to say,sad to see several police officers now in shit over their behaviour off duty the other day,so police not immune to this crap as well now it seems seems to be a malise our society now got.glad i am the age i am and spent most my life in a much better more caring society without this crap,and now getting too old for it to really affect me that much,tho do have concerns for the world my grand kids will grow up in and there is nothing i can do bout that.
 cheers mike

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 08:21:17 PM »
this very nasty politically motivated shooting today in christchurch means little nz finally made contact with the real world of extremists,have to admit i never thought would have been a white aussie right wing nut case that brought this sort of extreme violence to our country,but then i never thought it would ever come here and brought by anyone else either,like most kiwis i just cant get my head around how anyone can just decide its ok to murder innocent and defensless people to make a political or religious point,i am not remotely religious but i respect others right to be so,to me people praying are at their most vunerable its the one time they are bassically oblivious to their surroundings and would be at lest on their guard,because to most a place of worship is the one place they feel safest,it must take a very callous and cold person to do this sort of thing with lot hate in their hearts to be able to do so,nz muslin community has my deepest sympathy as it breaks my heart this attrocity happened in my country to these innocents.and all just to make a point that no where is now safe for anyone from this hatred and extremist ideas and used my country to make his point.cheers mike

Offline Ed.

• Mana 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 10:14:44 PM »
Well said Mike.Sad day for NZ and those who lost loved ones.Cheers Ed.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 08:28:27 AM »
we lost something this country will never get back or be the same ever again yesterday,we all learnt what hate really is and the extent some will go to express that hate to the world,both Australia and new Zealand are are countrys that are what they are today because of immagration,we have allways had people of many races and religion right from our very early days,immigates built our countrys and made them what they are today,two the best places in the world to live in,comparded to the rest the world are both two of the safest and peacefull countrys in the world to live in,but thats all changed now,mass murder of innocents simplily because of their religion and race that has afflicted the rest the world arrived here in all its horror yesterday,so we now know what its really like to be victims of this insane extremism and have now finally caught up with the rest of the world in this insanity.
 but we are not like the rest the world,and i firmly hope it brings us closer together as a people and a country and not drive us apart as it has in other parts of the world,many of the muslim community will have come here to escape and be safe as far away from this bigitory as possible and for this horror to have reached out and touched them once again must have been terrifying because it was so unexpected in what used to be the safest country in the world,so far away from war and the horror that comes with war,but thats all changed forever now,there is no escape nor going back to the way things were before yesterday,as we have lost our innocence and sense complacency that things like this cant and wont happen here,tho the muslim community wore the brunt of this hate,its was allso directed at this country as a whole so as a country we all need to give all the help and support to this community to show them they are kiwis now just like the rest of us,share their grief as one people and all work to put us all back together as one people and one country coz thats what kiwis do,we look after each other.
 cheers mike

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 10:30:50 AM »
We have never been innocent in this country but we have been ideologically isolated. That finished yesterday.

I can't help wondering why the main or most effective terrorist came from our closest neighbour and friend country. We don't know about the others yet.  We have always known that there are idiots everywhere. Some we know and some we don't. I can't help wondering at the gross stupidity of that politician saying it was a result of our immigration policy.

I want to weep for what we lost. The ramifications of what happened will become clear soon enough and they will be extensive.

I wonder why the Dompost was not just a black page. There were pages of coverage delving into emotion but few facts. Emotion is easy to capture. Facts take time to establish. There were still the usual weekend articles in the paper.

Like the British said, Keep calm and carry on.  I will add, with dignity.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:41:43 AM by Novagun »