Username:

Password:

Author Topic: A good weekend.  (Read 65 times)

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -8
    • View Profile
A good weekend.
« on: March 07, 2019, 05:32:29 PM »
Last weekend was exceptionally good weather. Three yachts and a big powerboat decided on a game of pool at Furneau Lodge at Endeavour Inlet. Warrior won the impromtu pool competition by a long shot. Just proves that the whole crew had a mis-spent youth.

The highlight of the trip was dinner aboard the powerboat. Erving; (no P.) They had done some hunter gathering around the Brothers Islands on the way across Cook Strait.

Dinner started with raw Kahawai and Wasabi sauce. I was a bit dubiuos about that but it was very good. Then dinner got better. Blue cod in beer batter, then paua fritters. I think you call them abalone and yours are white, ours a black. The fritters end up a dark green colour but tasty. Just a delicacy.

The highlight was venison. I have never had meat like that before. That is a morsel or two I will never forget. Somewhere in there was a potato bake.

The hunter was aboard the boat and he cooked. He told me the venison was all about care. Shot in the Uraweras. Neck shot so the animal doesn't know what has happened so no adrenalin or stress. Meat helicoptered out and into a chiller for ten days to hang then cut up and frozen. I saw the care he took with cooking it on a hot plate.

Beginning of March next year we will have to go back and give Warrior a good thrashing on the pool table.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
Re: A good weekend.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:38:35 PM »
that sounds like an awsume weekend,not many places in the world you can spend a weekend like that and have all that suppurb food either and it all came from our back yard eh harvasted by hunter gatherers eh,much of it as you went on the trip,dosnt really get any better than that mate,but you will have sharpen up your pool game before next trip eh!!so obviously you didnt have a mispent youth like me lol.
 cheers mike