Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Ngaio Rifle Club News  (Read 180057 times)

Offline Shaqa

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
Re: Ngaio Rifle Club News
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »
Thats sounds great Graham. Thanks for that. All going well i will try to pop down easter saturday and have a shoot with you guys.
Im setting up the Steyr atm so that might be a nice outing for it.

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 09:37:55 AM »
Shaqa.
It is not definite that there will be a shoot easter Saturday. Bossy may not open the range if there will be nobody about. We will get a firm idea next saturday when those present say what their intentions are for that saturday. However apart from the very rare occassion the range is open every Saturday.

You have been to the location when you attended the WAG qualifier in hefty wind. The new range is sheltered and in a delightful position.

Offline Shaqa

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 11:33:36 AM »
Ok cheers for that. I will keep an eye out for you to update plans.

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 07:22:24 PM »
I've decided to be at Grenada next Saturday (30th). I'll only have a handful of targets unless there is going to be normal numbers attending. Cost is still $5 for a days shooting
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 05:48:14 PM »
I've been up at the range today playing around, although a bit windy, it would have been ok to shoot...  Same weather forecast tomorrow

Because Graham has taken such a liking to one lane I've decided to call it "Graham's Obsession"  ;)  and because he told a me what to do off high bridges  :-[ it gave me a idea......   :-X   ;D

John

Offline Davey

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »
I'm not sure that the [censored] is a legit FT position! :D
The spreadsheet guy.

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 12:38:43 PM »
"It's both impressive and humbling to see how after just a bit of a lecture, young shooters can knock down quite difficult targets with the Steyr"

Young ones have that natural talent, but they wouldn't appreciate the time spent sighting in and working out all the elevation settings though. Plus other things like holding the gun truly vertical. But yes they have a knack of making one think like that just when you think you're going so well.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 09:25:42 PM »
Will the young guys are doing ok...... but wait till the girls get up their  8) There'll be a few sorry young blokes walking around with their tails between their legs   ::)

It's great not only seeing these young guys doing well, but Graham A walking around with a grin from ear to ear  is a sight for sore eyes (we do know why you are knacked mate, and its not shooting... but won't tell everyone   :-X )

The work Hugh is doing up at the range with noobs is outstanding and a great example for the rest of us to follow. Ohh and the old bugger isn't too bad at making seats...

NRC is extremely lucky to have a core membership that doesn't mind going that extra yard for their club. There's plenty of room for others to roll up and get sweaty. Not only will you fell good, but you could impress mom and who knows where that'll lead.....   :P   

John

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 10:19:20 PM »
New NRC Range Pricing

For NRC Club Members;
$5.00    = 10am to 1pm
$5.00    = 1pm to 4pm
$10.00  = 10am to 4pm

Shooters from out of town that belong to other FT clubs will be charged at the same rate as NRC members

Vistors that are new to the sport will be given a few weeks grace before having to pay a extra levy...

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 09:02:34 PM »
Prices have gone up. Ah well it is still a good days sport for a very modest fee. Try waterskiing or yachting or motor sport or nearly anything, going to the pictures or hiring a video, and see what you get for $10.00.

Bossy has come up with an idea for a Production class using the field target course. Good idea so that those with cheaper less accurate rifles can compete with success. Great idea because some of those uphill shots with 15mm reducers really sort out the marksmen.

This course has its share of easy or less hard targets and it changes during the day as the sun moves across and the targets that were shootable in the morning can become difficult during the afternoon because of the change in light. That is where the good scopes have all the advantage.

It is such good sport up there and in such a pleasant place for city dwellers to spend an afternoon.
With winter coming on we will have to dress for it. No such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothes.
I see pictures of the Americans dressed up and shooting in the snow and we won't get it that cold.

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 05:47:21 PM »
Sadly the weather forecast isn't the best for tomorrow.....

Start time is being put back to 11am to try and miss the showers, $5.00 range fees will apply

9x new targets will be put out tomorrow and this uses the full width of our block, so there will be a bit more walking than in past weeks. I think as they are different, this should be a challenge to most  ;D

John

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 10:56:13 AM »
Thanks Graham, Iím very happy with the new lanes and think theyíll add a new dimension to NRCís range. As far as lanes go Iíve still got some tricks up my selve thatíll need different thinking to shoot....

The upgraded Gamo targets are working very well. Itís a shame Gamo didnít do this in the factory as it would not only be easier for them to manufacturer, but cheaper to produce...

Hmm, maybe the Jazz isnít up to the job and you need something more ummm, robust
The access is not the only thing in the works. All depends on the council and what we can squeeze out of them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:57:58 AM by JohnM »

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »
Saturday the 20th shooting at Grenada is canceled.

Instead we will shoot at NRC's indoor range at 2 cashmere Ave, Khandallah from 11am. $5 range fees for the whole day. We might see about running a small competition for a bit of fun....

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
I would have thought that was a bold move Graham. We haven't decided as yet, but the thinking is to use 6x FT targets like we did over the summer break while the range was being rebuilt. The format will be different though to try and speed shooting up.

I wouldn't count out the outside range this winter. We've secured the money to rebuild access into the range and waiting on approval to put a digger in their for a couple of days (just hopping Hugh isn't around at the time  :D)

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
I'll be watching you bulldozer drivers.