Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Ngaio Rifle Club News  (Read 176856 times)

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
Re: Ngaio Rifle Club News
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 06:02:19 PM »
You'll be watching for a long time "old man"  ;D    I'm using a digger........

There should be a BBQ for free use tomorrow if anyone is interested.....
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 12:28:09 AM »
I hate making things easy for you Graham and I'm sure you wouldn't want any other way...

It's still up to those that want to shoot, so we'll wait till tomorrow, but as long as everyone enjoys themselves, I'm happy

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 07:42:21 PM »
Well where were you lot this afternoon?
Too wet to shoot up at Grenada but we had a field target course indoors at the NRC small bore range. Three lanes with six targets and a revolving shoot. Shoot three lanes and then a break until your turn comes around again.  15mm reducers are fine for Steyrs but tough for a Gamo. Not an easy shoot but worth every minute for the less capable and the young chaps. Maximum distance was 25 yards but the cunning placement of targets used the lighting to make the challenge.

This production class , "Production 700", is going to be a great shoot for anyone with a budget rifle and scope. John M will have that running fairly soon now that Grenada has enough lanes developed. It really appeals to me and I reckon some of the good shots will be dragging out the Hatsan or the Gamo just for the hell of it.  The Steyrs and top end guns will shoot at the same time and maybe--- maybe not but you never know.

We are lucky that Willie has a sore shooting shoulder because he was the marshal today and kept the score and the time keeping. A great way to spend a wet Saturday afternoon and those of you who were frightened off by the rain missed out.

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »
The fish n chips were nice! Cups of tea even came with them fancy milk containers like on airplanes aye Hugh?
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »
Gosh Paul thats a bit below the belt mate. Funny thing is we all get old and its easier to be caught out....  Just for the recorded, "milk comes in white containers Hugh"  ;)

I like to thank those that turned up today to try the new FT format. While it did run well, I think it can be improved which will let us handle larger numbers without any hick-ups.

Good to see Davie showing the way in international, Richard in springer and very tight in our "production 700" class...

Thanks to Willie for running the range today, great job...

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 07:11:55 AM »
The trouble with you townies is that you don't know where milk really comes from. We used to get it from the neighbours down the road because they had a cow. Jersey cow with rich milk. A billy full of milk every day and let it set to get the thick cream off the top. Porridge and brown sugar and cream.

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »
The trouble with you townies is that you don't know where milk really comes from A billy full of milk every day and let it set to get the thick cream off the top. Porridge and brown sugar and cream.

That must have been a life time ago Hugh, I still get to pull t!ts on the house cow on the farm and taste warm milk on my wheat-bix

How could I miss two targets in a row otherwise, which were as easy as opening an ordinary door?   >:(

Quite easy really, Attitude. Mind was on watching the time which worried you! Remember your only human...

First we needed something we could shoot inside other than paper targets, but I wanted something that could make you more comfortable with what I call "your shot plan". This should be second nature and not thought about!
You focus is on what curve ball I'm throwing at you. Example; The hill shots at Grenada, all are under 25deg, which is not very steep from what I've seen overseas. Your focus should be more on the mound for a start then on the placement of the target. Willie and myself both think alike with the placement of targets and your focus should be on why we have placed a target in that position. Work that out and it'll be easier to shoot...     ???

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »

Shooting causes me much more pain than riding my motorcycle all day, so maybe that's what I'll do more of instead.
[/quote]

Hurtling metal at speed!
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2013, 01:15:38 PM »
Shooting is being held at the indoor Khandallah range (2 Chasmere Ave) tomorrow from 11am. We'll stick to the revolving door system with a couple of mods thrown in... Range fees $5.00

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 10:26:31 PM »
Theres no shooting at Grenada on Saturday because of the wet weather on Thursday and Friday. We'll look at maybe holding something on Sunday, but will depend on Access into the range...

Offline Pauly5

• Mana 28
  • Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2013, 11:12:55 PM »
Theres no shooting at Grenada on Saturday because of the wet weather on Thursday and Friday. We'll look at maybe holding something on Sunday, but will depend on Access into the range...
Starting to hang out for some greenery around targets too.
HW98
HW97k
Tx200
S510
HFT500
Bobcat
Matador R2.5
HW40 (copy)
Daisy 953
P-Rod
Zoraki 22

Offline JohnM

• Mana 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
lol, not a lot we can do at the moment, but hoping to have this problem fixed in the next couple of weeks...

Like I said, I'm hopeful we might get a Sunday afternoon shoot in and then I can watch the shock on your face..  Hugh has been busy with the bush cutter!

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 11:08:24 AM »
Alas Saturday is going to be wet and the track will be too slipery to get up. We just have to wait till everything coincides for the digger to get in there and regrade the slope and a bit of gravel.

The truth be known I just did the labouring for the bushman. He kept saying strange things like " What a beutiful lane -- That is a lovely lane"  In my usual reticent style I was thinking along the lines of more Anglo Saxon adjectives. Nevertheless there are now 23 lanes ranging from hard to not so hard and some good challenges for the Pro 700 shooters.

We need a club competition soon and with a bit of luck Dajo and Shaqa to come along and criticise our efforts.

A couple more lanes to go in just to round off and a toilet and then improvements as they show up.

Anyway apart from the rain on Saturday it is the first Saturday in May and where will Bossy be?

He was talking about opening the Khandallah range on Sunday. THE SPRINGER CHALLENGE IS UP FOR GRABS EVERY DAY>
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:12:47 AM by Novagun »

Offline Dajo

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »
Thanks for the update guys. So, is the NRC indoor range open on Saturday or is it closed ? Thought it was open till the Grenada range was negotiable on Saturdays.

Dajo.

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2013, 05:36:36 PM »
Dajo, its opening day for duck shooting on Saturday so you know where guess who will be. I think he said it would be open Sunday but will get him to post it officially.