Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Forum Suggestion Box  (Read 11550 times)

Offline digit

• Administrator
  • Mana 2
    • View Profile
    • NZHunter
Forum Suggestion Box
« on: March 12, 2013, 07:43:05 AM »
If you have any ideas on how we could improve this forum, list them here. All ideas welcome.
Industry Antagonist

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 40
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:44:36 AM »
*Paint it black! its our national colour and it will feel more homely.. make the background black and the   boards different shades of grey like the airgunners one was This White is hard on the eyes..

*Can you somehow fix the "Fit to screen" when attaching photos from the likes of photobucket?
Curently you have to resize the pic just right (time consuming) so you dont have to "side scroll" to vew the whole pic you have to..

My 2c  :)

Vault

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »
Painting it Black would be good

Photobucket used to let you predefine the size images would be in any given album but they've changed the site and no longer use the same external editing website so lots of functions like editing dont work anymore, I'll be looking for another website that isnt trying to be like faceboook with stories etc.

It would be good if this forum could automatically resize images that are linked from external hosts to 640*480 like the members Uploaded images are.

Perhaps have a sticky containing the contact details of all the airgun related suppliers in NZ and abroad and another listing all airgun/FT clubs across the country so new members can find their closest club to participate and get a feel for various makes, models and the sport of FT

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 04:40:58 PM »
A dissenter.

Don't paint it black. Black is the abscence of colour; the abscence of life. Black is a boring unimaginative colour. It is not even a colour it is the abscence of all colour.

Take a look at all the commuters walking from the train station into Wellington City to endure another day at the office. Vaste numbers of them wear black in various states of fade and the vista is drab and depressing.

Please don't let this forum become drab. Our countyside is in many parts very attractive and it is not black.

Yellow is taken in the USA, Green and black were taken by the NZ Airgunners. Blue is the other NZ forum. Of the primary colours that leaves red, orange, indigo and violet: or just leave it as it is. (Perhaps make the lettering a bit more distinct.)

Offline digit

• Administrator
  • Mana 2
    • View Profile
    • NZHunter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 05:50:09 PM »
Thanks for the ideas guys! Im probably not going to change colour at this stage. Will definately look at the other suggestions though - particuly the inline [IMG] image resizing issue.

Would there be interest in sub forums for the various FT clubs? or would stickys for those clubs do?
Industry Antagonist

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 09:02:02 PM »
You can have more than one option of skin/ colours on most forums maybe make a few for members to choose from.. I really dislike this bright white.. It is the main reason I didnt post here as often as the black forum.. it lights up my whole lounge when sitting in the dark and is very hard to look at. Black is bad ass..

Novagun, I appreciate you love of rainbows and unicorns and long walks on the beach but I'll let the following pics speak for me....

Offline (pink)MIST

• Global Moderator
  • Mana 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 09:52:40 PM »
You can have more than one option of skin/ colours on most forums maybe make a few for members to choose from.. I really dislike this bright white.. It is the main reason I didnt post here as often as the black forum.. it lights up my whole lounge when sitting in the dark and is very hard to look at. Black is bad ass..

Novagun, I appreciate you love of rainbows and unicorns and long walks on the beach but I'll let the following pics speak for me....

lol, but one of our islanders told me that once you go black, youre a single mum :)

seriously though , having the choice in each members control panel would be easy enough, and would keep  wingy's eyes from getting burnt out. They need to stay good for looking down scopes at 103m starlings :)
(pink)MIST - its what happens when you hit a soft target :)

NZAFTA President

Offline digit

• Administrator
  • Mana 2
    • View Profile
    • NZHunter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »
 ;D I'll see if I can find an alternative theme
Industry Antagonist

Offline scout

• Mana 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:05:57 PM »
Hate to rock the boat but i an in agreement with Wingman (and one of his review groupies ;) ).
Nothing personal against your liking for colour Novagun, you always look for the silver lining i know, but there is something about the formatting of this forum's layout that i just cant Gel with, i have looked to customising this one a bit but notice that there are not a lot of options.
Digit is a friend and i have the utmost respect for the amount that he does for the various shooting communities on top of his "day" job, but if at some point timing and resource allow for it, the ability to personalise background and font would be a nice addition.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:59 PM »
;D I'll see if I can find an alternative theme

My delicate sniper vision thanks you in advance  8) ;D

Offline digit

• Administrator
  • Mana 2
    • View Profile
    • NZHunter
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 01:25:24 PM »
Im working on a 'Wingman' theme - hopefully have it available later today.
Industry Antagonist

Offline Novagun

• NZ Airgun
  • Mana -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »
Too right you lot. Walks on the beach, building castles in the air, sparkling blue sea and a sailors breeze. The good things in life just like a Hatsan.

Scout Rock the boat, that is what it is for my friend.

Black red or orange, I would rather have this forum than not have it.

We were up at Grenada clearing a couple more field target lanes this morning. Perfect blue sky warm with a cooling breeze. Just nice to be up there even without an air rifle. Ngaio rifle Club fell on its feet with that venue, it is just so pleasant and the venue is slowly getting put into shape.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
  • Mana 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 04:16:33 PM »
Im honoured Ken!.. Wow a forum theme named after yours truly ;D

Offline digit

• Administrator
  • Mana 2
    • View Profile
    • NZHunter
For Wingman
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
To join Wingman...

Click on 'Profile'
Hover over the 'Modify Profile' button
Select Look and Layout
Click '(change)' in the Current Theme: section.
Select 'Expo' for the default theme or 'DarkBreak' to take a break from expo and walk on the darkside with Wingman.

Its a work in progress. The image at the top is of some young spring bunnies from a few years back. Ive dragged a dozens of members around this now defunct hunt but it always reminds me of the good old days before Max died.

If anyone has a more suitable image it just needs to be 900wx100h. Perhaps Wingman might like to start a Wingman theme Image thread :)
Industry Antagonist

Offline digit

• Administrator
  • Mana 2
    • View Profile
    • NZHunter
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 07:40:27 PM »
Its got to be 900 wide x 100 high
Industry Antagonist