Username:

Password:

Author Topic: This affects all airguners!  (Read 3919 times)

Offline digit

• Administrator
  • Mana 2
    • View Profile
    • NZHunter
This affects all airguners!
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:23:56 AM »
A brief although flimsy summary of recent ammendment and how it affects you.

Before you read the link below think about which airguns look like a firearm. Airguns such as the AA pro-sport, all under lever airguns that look like a tube fed rimfire etc. All 'black' PCPs from FX and so on.

http://203.97.119.119/sportshooter/Opinion%20Arms%20Amendment%20Act%202012-6.pdf

Industry Antagonist

Vault

Re: This affects all airguners!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »
This is terrible legislation, I suggest we all vote to remove the National Party from Government.

Since when is it the job of Police to define under law what guns are MSSA's.

The problem here is there is No definition outlined, the police will determine at their own discretion and  you can see that the legislation is left open so that any colour, any shape including including Your Ruger 10/22 can be classified as an MSSA.

Clearly they want to ban ALL imports of any firearms, Airguns, Airsoft guns and Paintball guns. You will require a Special Permit from Police just to get a Vortek or Maccari Spring kit for your 30 year old Bsa Meteor.

This has to be addresses, we can not let this happen or all shooting sports will be affected.

I would say next they will want to dissarm everyone.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:21:24 PM by Vault »

Offline Hidayat

• Mana 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
Another joke from clowns,realy they are suppous tobe becoming comedian not politicians!!!
NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 06:02:49 PM »
this was disected (by moi) on the old forums.

The whole system is sick, it doesnt matter who you vote for.
Legislation is not written to give you MORE rights. Ever.

The standing govt (and system), the 'crown', all are unlawful.

Riddle me this: why is 'the crown in right of new zealand' a corporation registered in the us?

Offline sako

• Mana 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 08:00:05 PM »
I'd better order that Vortek PG2 FAC tuning kit now.

Shoot first. It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 03:42:30 PM »
I'd better order that Vortek PG2 FAC tuning kit now.

yes you had better. And encourage all of your friends and family to stock up on guns and ammo.

Vive la revolucione!

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 09:08:43 AM »
Was doing some research on new ammendments,and its scary bit of legisation for gun owners as puts lot of power in hands of what is really just another governmemt department,is very open to abuse by that department without the need to consultate with government or the public in any way that i can see.
 Its ruling by regulation,not by law,but effectivly makes these regulations the law,dosnt appear to be any recourse or appeal to the courts as is normal,this is very dangerous as it removes any right of appeal.
 It appears that any new regulations are put into effect at police commissioners discretion thus giving police the right and ablity to change any part of the act if and when they like,for any reasons they like.I for one am not nieve enough to believe that reason will prevail,because very reason police went government in first place was due to them losing court cases that should never have been in court in first instance.
 The reasons they put to government for law changes in arms act were suspect and more bout hurt pride and getting evan than anything based on fact,and the is the sick truth.
 Fact is police can and will act and behave just as inland transport do with road user cgarges and vehical rego charges,bassiacaly do whatever they want with impunity.
 As for what gun owners can do bout the situation??not a danmed thing as far as i can see,its the road to hell as far as gun owners are concerned,as absolutly nothing good will come from it thats for sure,this legistation will do lot harm with owner police relations rather than anything positive and for government or nz police to think otherwise shows exactly where they have their collective heads.
The way things used to be with everyone involved in consultations on these issuses are sadly gone and wont be coming back either as there has been an aittude change regarding guns of any sort in nz police and our government for reasons unknown but likely just due to UN and AUSSIE wanting our laws changed.
 Will we win this one?????That i very much doubt.
 Cheers Mike

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »
i don't even bother with well reasoned complaining on the internet anymore.

fuckem all. don't pay the system.

decide which direction you'll be shooting come the revolution. because it very much will be us and them.

and i can only hope the humans gainfully employed as POLICy Enforcement officers/ instruments of the crown will be human, rather than mercenary, and defy their paymasters and do what they can with us.

Offline Dvlnme

• Mana 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 07:49:16 AM »
I am not conplaining,just bloody angry,coz the partys involved in the msa arguement over what defines one etc have had allmost 20 years to come to an agreement or find comprimise the they all could live with,yet failed to do so for whatever reasons have now inflicted the whole gun owning and shooting comunity with the mess we now in because of it.
 Am not blaming any particular group,but all involved had a hand in it,so no ones innocent,I fail to understand nz polices sheer bullheadedness over free standing pistol grips,which for sure is at the heart of the issuse,as is how a gun looks,hence impending ban on evan softair guns,IE:- if it looks like one ,it is one etc.
 There is definatly an ellement of pay back from nz police over the legal system doing its job and them losing several ill conceived and expenisive court cases on mas rifles.
 Dont blame msa owners etc for fighting the cases,as they had every legal right to do so,but this legal right will no longer exist under new regs if i read it right.
 Am not a lawyer but appears to me that nz police,under ammendments will have sole rights to make new gun laws by regulation without being required to go through any consultation process with public or parliment and there will be no legal means to dispute there regulations,that right seems to have been taken away.
 If this is correct,it a dangerous concept to give any government agency the legal powers to right their own laws and allso enforce them without the protection from our legal system for those affected by those laws.
 The nz police have been proven too many times recently to be more than willing to deliberatly break the laws for their own ends and when caught have gone to government,had law changed,back dated to protect their guilty officers,like many i find this has changed my ablity to trust our police in the way i used to,my respect for them is at an all time low.
 Soon under new arms laws,many written and administed by them,i will have no choice but to live with these laws,and expected to trust them to do the right thing with integrity,Yeah Right!!!!!!
 This whole msa thing has now changed gun ownership and the shooting sports forever in nz to the degree it evan affects softair guns and toy guns,i hope all those conerned are now happy,coz i for one am not,my last word on this is,THANKS FOR NOTHING,
 Cheers Mike

Vault

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 05:45:49 PM »
I for one have never trusted the nz police, I've met to many dodgy cops in NZ over the years.

But I have to say, since I moved to Dunedin I found the police are generally very different than from up North in general, I met two that I didn't get on with, one issue was resolved in a respectable manner and I'd have to say that I think the cops down this way are much more friendly and straight up than the North Island ones.

But I agree with all above, it's wrong for the police to have the power to right their own laws, we've seen to many cops caught for serious crimes, from rape, drug dealing, working with gangs, planting evidence, miss using the legal system, the list goes on, they in my opinion can't be trusted as an entity.

It will shock many that I think their are some good people who are cops, but the Police force themselves have proven time and time again, they will break the law to meet their needs, so can't be trusted.

This is supposed to be a Democracy, whereby we the people have the final say by our votes, yet referendums for Anti smacking, Not selling state assets etc, the people voted NO, the Govt did it anyway.

In the event of a revolution, the system will be drowned at the nearest beach in an oil slick, then I set it alight just to be sure  ;D

Offline Akzle

• Mana 17
  • professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 10:30:04 PM »
i can't agree more D. while some good people are (misguided or not) employed as cops, as an organisation, they're corrupt, illegal (by their own legislation - how fucked up is that) and generally not desirable.
on the flipside, i've dealt with at least 2 cops who aren't dicks (that's a very low percentage of the cops i've dealt with, but i am not speaking from ignorance)
legislation is crap. the government is crap. i await the day they fall. i reserve every right god gave me and accept no man's claims over me.

anyway, when the time comes, i'm the guy in the hat. dont shoot me.